• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,811 posts in this topic

On 2/12/2021 at 12:34 PM, PeterPark said:

I was looking into the New Agents of Atlas, and while I appreciate the formation of an all-Asian super-team, I don't understand the reference of the name. It made sense when Marvel took characters from the Atlas titles of the 50's but I don't get it here. None of these characters are from Atlas, as far as I know. Why not use the opportunity to make a new name like Eastern Hemisphere Avengers or just something different altogether? I couldn't find the meaning of the reinterpretation anywhere online...but I am interested in getting the issue or series and would like to know a little more.

Jimmy Woo was the hero of Yellow Claw, published by Atlas in 1956. As noted in the Wandavision thread, he is one of Marvel's oldest characters outside of the Golden Age characters brought back in the SA and BA.

14 minutes ago, Hulksdaddy1 said:

I was expecting to see a Newsstand lol

But that sounds like fun for me with a direct  :)

Daily I look at my collection, well almost, that I didnt always buy 9.8. I'd have fewer books if I kept to a 9.8 regimen though

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was expecting to see a Newsstand lol

But that sounds like fun for me with a direct  :)

Daily I look at my collection, well almost, that I didnt always buy 9.8. I'd have fewer books if I kept to a 9.8 regimen though

Just got a 9.8 back from CGC, and picked up another for $500, so I likey that result! lol

Edited by Hulksdaddy1

DK #1 9.8 for $1000 was the most surprising of all of the Clink auctions I had tracking bids on last night, which has been a 550-650 book for the past year or so.  561 blue 9.8s, not the biggest number, but not that small of a number either.  Tough to keep this book in 9.8 condition due to the square binding.  

21 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

DK #1 9.8 for $1000 was the most surprising of all of the Clink auctions I had tracking bids on last night, which has been a 550-650 book for the past year or so.  561 blue 9.8s, not the biggest number, but not that small of a number either.  Tough to keep this book in 9.8 condition due to the square binding.  

Started at $750 this year. Last sale on GPA was $1,200. Why? IDK

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

West Coast Avengers 45? Fizzle.. all these Wanda books will cool off

Wonder if Paul Bettany's MCU contract is up after the show. Some actors don't want to be typcasted if they stay in a role too long unless of course the $$$ is too good to pass up.

3 hours ago, littledoom said:

GI Joe A Real American Hero 32 1st Lady Jaye.. new solo live-action Amazon series

I just looked at ebay, the buy it now prices are ridiculous.

I haven’t heard of this show, will it tie in with the snake eyes movie?

Edited by BrooksR