• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

Are one of the spec sites pumping Coyote? I've had a copy of 12 listed for some time and now have a bid on it. It looks like quite a few have sold within the last few days (and there aren't many available for sale). 11 is the first McFarlane interior art, and 13 is the first cover, so it wouldn't appear to be particularly important. Just read on Key Collector that it's the "First published art by Todd McFarlane, chronologically" ("Coyote #11 was published first and had a story that was redrawn by Todd McFarlane after he had finished his work on Coyote #12"). Is that new info? And if so, do people care?

36 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Are one of the spec sites pumping Coyote? I've had a copy of 12 listed for some time and now have a bid on it. It looks like quite a few have sold within the last few days (and there aren't many available for sale). 11 is the first McFarlane interior art, and 13 is the first cover, so it wouldn't appear to be particularly important. Just read on Key Collector that it's the "First published art by Todd McFarlane, chronologically" ("Coyote #11 was published first and had a story that was redrawn by Todd McFarlane after he had finished his work on Coyote #12"). Is that new info? And if so, do people care?

It's not "new info" as back in 2019 people were sending it in for the mcfarlane cgc inhouse signing lol

I saw a show coyote on the tv the other day didn't know it was related to the comic

So "new info" in this instance is relative 😂

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

McFarlane did an interview on YouTube a couple of days ago and they discussed that issue. I assume that's driving the sudden demand. 

4 hours ago, BrooksR said:

I’m going to miss finding reasonably priced joes. It will happen to Sandman, one of my other favorites, soon. Get them while you can 🙂

It woud be a great thing if the whole of the joe run, not just the last few issues and a couple of keys, got out of the dollar box, for the sake of me fixing my roof

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's not "new info" as back in 2019 people were sending it in for the mcfarlane cgc inhouse signing lol

I saw a show coyote on the tv the other day didn't know it was related to the comic

So "new info" in this instance is relative 😂

So is this that I didn't realize I owned now worth billionz?: 

IMG_3284.JPG

IMG_3285.JPG

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

So is this that I didn't realize I owned now worth billionz?: 

IMG_3284.JPG

IMG_3285.JPG

Of course it is. It's the origin of Slash

Here as Vunter Slauch 

2c8421a7ceff0f75557f95084389153d.jpg

25 minutes ago, RearAdmiralSwank said:

Of course it is. It's the origin of Slash

Here as Vunter Slauch 

2c8421a7ceff0f75557f95084389153d.jpg

If I only had a 1st slash card in 10.0 I could retire!!  

Of course, the implication of that COA is someone had bought 1500 copies on spec and waited a 8 years to get him to sign it! cayote was actually a hot book when it came out, if i remember, but i had thought by 11 it had started to fade

8 minutes ago, the blob said:

If I only had a 1st slash card in 10.0 I could retire!!  

Of course, the implication of that COA is someone had bought 1500 copies on spec and waited a 8 years to get him to sign it! cayote was actually a hot book when it came out, if i remember, but i had thought by 11 it had started to fade

seriously, has anyone ever seen something like this where we're talking a big # of books (1500, where the heck are they?? -- I assume it is 1500, not 2000 or more) and the signing happens that many years later? someone sat on 7 long boxes of this book for 8 years?

Edited by the blob

1 minute ago, the blob said:

seriously, has anyone ever seen something like this where we're talking a big # of books (1500, where the heck are they??) and the signing happens that many years later? someone sat on 7 long boxes of this book for 8 years?

Just because it's generic COA 1487 surely doesn't mean there were 1500 copies of THIS book. MAYBE it was the 1487th certificate they used for ANY authenticated sig, or maybe they just wrote random numbers on there...

8 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Just because it's generic COA 1487 surely doesn't mean there were 1500 copies of THIS book. MAYBE it was the 1487th certificate they used for ANY authenticated sig, or maybe they just wrote random numbers on there...

Explain this

20210226_104437.jpg

16 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:
19 minutes ago, the blob said:

seriously, has anyone ever seen something like this where we're talking a big # of books (1500, where the heck are they??) and the signing happens that many years later? someone sat on 7 long boxes of this book for 8 years?

If they were that plentiful back then, then maybe 1500 copies were easily obtained, doesnt have to be one owner, but the years later thing still holds true. Probably a dealer or merchant who had a bunch so got ahold of Todd 

5 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I'm not talking about any book. I'm talking about 1500 copies of a book published in 1987 with a COA from a signing in 1993. Lots of the 90s issues had 2500 and even 5000 signed copies. 

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Yeah there seems to be an abundance of these types of books. I know I have a few floating around

1 minute ago, shadroch said:

Eclipse went bankrupt and all their backstock was sold at auction. Todd ended up buying all the intellectual property and it wouldn't surprise me if he bought up a couple of cases of the book just for the purpose of  signing them.

That actually seems entirely plausible. 

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

Eclipse went bankrupt and all their backstock was sold at auction. Todd ended up buying all the intellectual property and it wouldn't surprise me if he bought up a couple of cases of the book just for the purpose of  signing them.

Um... Coyote is Epic (Marvel).

11 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

that is an outlandish accusation (the random numbers part, maybe not the "this was mcfarlane's 1487th signing of the weekend"), there is an eagle on there AND it looks like an old timey stock certificate, there's no way it isn't 100%. if it didn't have the eagle, maybe you have a point, but it has an eagle, and we have to trust the eagle.