• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,782 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, the blob said:

ouch. the folks who sold nice copies in december and january for $10 and under must be thrilled

This is crazy.All the years of hoarding my Caps-even tracking down all the Canadian newstands for nostalgia and just the love of it-I never saw 'keys' popping up or big value in any in the future(aside from Falcon and Quasar,Nomad maybe).It was a labour of love with everything for the most part being so cheap.

And the copper X-Men? The world has gone mad in the last year or so I've not been paying attention.

Edit-hope you're well.Whatcha listening to lately?

Edited by porcupine48

On 3/4/2021 at 12:56 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Are they related????

3BBE363B-5E1A-47D0-BEB4-66E9BF177E1B.jpeg

well, clearly they are related in a general sense that they have the same name, but DC decided to have any chance as a regular series they had to completely change the original lame concept into a different lame concept, like suicide squad was changed from the 60s version to the 80s super villian version because nobody wanted to read about a bunch of regular joes being put on a suicide squad.

On 3/4/2021 at 12:56 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Are they related????

3BBE363B-5E1A-47D0-BEB4-66E9BF177E1B.jpeg

Is this the mini from the game?I thought I was the only one! lollol 

Speaking of...would there be a Canadian version then,with French?I wonder if the laws were in place then?

@Bird was it from you,with Archie cardboard record cut outs?

I know,I'm randumb

55 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

This is crazy.All the years of hoarding my Caps-even tracking down all the Canadian newstands for nostalgia and just the love of it-I never saw 'keys' popping up or big value in any in the future(aside from Falcon and Quasar,Nomad maybe).It was a labour of love with everything for the most part being so cheap.

And the copper X-Men? The world has gone mad in the last year or so I've not been paying attention.

Edit-hope you're well.Whatcha listening to lately?

X-men still seems soft to me.  This is where people could spend cheap and maybe get a nice reward later.  

A lot of $15 books that occasionally get more.  For clarity, I'm looking at the averages of raw books.

Like UXM 164 (Binary), 166 (Lockhead), 193 (Firestar, Warpath, Hellions), 201 (baby Cable), 210, 211, 212, and 213 (Mutant Massacre). 

221 is definitely more, but I'm kind of surprised that it's not higher. 

The 142 to earlier definitely do better. 

193 is the issue that I'd buy plenty of copies low.  Lot of 1st appearances and pretty darn cheap. 

Patrick 

2 hours ago, the blob said:

well, clearly they are related in a general sense that they have the same name, but DC decided to have any chance as a regular series they had to completely change the original lame concept into a different lame concept, like suicide squad was changed from the 60s version to the 80s super villian version because nobody wanted to read about a bunch of regular joes being put on a suicide squad.

They were related... at some point on the regular series, they built the original team from the mini-comics into the history of the Atari Force team. It's almost 40 years since I read it, so I don't recall details.

I recall really liking the team from the mini-comics, and badgering my friends with Atari systems to give them all to me. I remember how disappointed I was when the actual DC series came out, and it featured different characters.

While Atari Force wasn't the most amazing comic ever produced, I'm surprised it doesn't get more love - it had some great art, from folks like Gil Kane, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and Marshall Rogers.

The mini-comics sets are really tough to put together. There's five of these issues, with the latter ones being scarce. They're all extra-length, at about 48 pages.

For other Atari mini-comics, there's a cool Yar's Revenge one-shot, but the toughest one for me was Swordquest (recently revived by Dynamite). My friends wouldn't let them go, because you needed details from the comic story to play the game. I suspect that means a lot less of them survived in grade, as well.

Edited by Brock

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

Is this the mini from the game?I thought I was the only one! lollol 

Speaking of...would there be a Canadian version then,with French?I wonder if the laws were in place then?

@Bird was it from you,with Archie cardboard record cut outs?

I know,I'm randumb

I have no idea about the archie, but yes I do recall the atari force now

Edited by Bird

10 minutes ago, Brock said:

They were related... at some point on the regular series, they built the original team from the mini-comics into the history of the Atari Force team. It's almost 40 years since I read it, so I don't recall details.

I recall really liking the team from the mini-comics, and badgering my friends with Atari systems to give them all to me. I remember how disappointed I was when the actual DC series came out, and it featured different characters.

While Atari Force wasn't the most amazing comic ever produced, I'm surprised it doesn't get more love - it had some great art, from folks like Gil Kane, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and Marshall Rogers.

The mini-comics sets are really tough to put together. There's five of these issues, with the latter ones being scarce. They're all extra-length, at about 48 pages.

For other Atari mini-comics, there's a cool Yar's Revenge one-shot, but the toughest one for me was Swordquest (recently revived by Dynamite). My friends wouldn't let them go, because you needed details from the comic story to play the game. I suspect that means a lot less of them survived in grade, as well.

A couple 9.8s on Ebay 

86032F2A-9F06-4EAC-8535-E1105DF637E6.jpeg

41BE01BF-75F9-4CF4-AF2A-2F35F123E763.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Bird said:

I have no idea about the archie, but yes I do recall the atari force now

I think they're all in the same few bags together.Hell if I can even find the right box-sigh,I'm about to have a manic just thinking about it lol 

I did just reread those Frankzetta mags though,they're close!Freaking awesome,thanks again!

To keep it on topic,those fantasy mags seemed to be doing well last I looked,seeing if there  was more,how many.

I bought a set of Scarlett Witch Limited 1-4 this weekend for $2 at a local con.  Turns out the set is going for $50 and up in nice shape due to #2 being some obscure 1st appearance.  I knew $2 was a deal but wow I'd never have suspected the set was going for that much

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I bought a set of Scarlett Witch Limited 1-4 this weekend for $2 at a local con.  Turns out the set is going for $50 and up in nice shape due to #2 being some obscure 1st appearance.  I knew $2 was a deal but wow I'd never have suspected the set was going for that much

It’s been that way for a couple months now 

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Yep, I got $56 for mine a couple weeks ago.  I think I have another set....somewhere.  2 bucks is a steal! 

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

uhg,,, these are buried somewhere in my 20 "miscellaneous marvel" boxes....

19 hours ago, followtheleader said:

So the complaints about Marvel Super Special 16 have to be somewhat subsiding. 

Looks like it does pretty darn well.   Especially in high grade. 

Patrick 

what were the complaints? that the treasury edition actually came before the magazine and the book before all of them?

59 minutes ago, the blob said:

what were the complaints? that the treasury edition actually came before the magazine and the book before all of them?

That Star Wars 42 is dumb because many came before it.  Especially the money being made in comparison to the others. 

I don't share the opinion.  The good news is it seems the interest has spread to most of them.  So everyone wins.  

Patrick

17 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

That Star Wars 42 is dumb because many came before it.  Especially the money being made in comparison to the others. 

I don't share the opinion.  The good news is it seems the interest has spread to most of them.  So everyone wins.  

Patrick

people list 42 as 1st boba and 1st yoda when it is neither. the cgc lable doesn't even say that. i used to have sooooo many 41s. i don't know where they went. it was a book heavily ordered by my old childhood shop at least. i remember they'd put in in their grab bags.