• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,805 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, the blob said:

people list 42 as 1st boba and 1st yoda when it is neither. the cgc lable doesn't even say that. i used to have sooooo many 41s. i don't know where they went. it was a book heavily ordered by my old childhood shop at least. i remember they'd put in in their grab bags.

I'm not really arguing about which is 1st, etc. 

Really comes down to what people want.  Boba prominently displayed on 42 is a huge reason.  Comic format is another.   

Though I have Super Special 16 and SW 42, I'd much rather have 42 as I'm not a magazine format fan.  

Great part, people can get whatever they'd like and be happy.  

Patrick

4 hours ago, followtheleader said:
4 hours ago, the blob said:

people list 42 as 1st boba and 1st yoda when it is neither. the cgc lable doesn't even say that. i used to have sooooo many 41s. i don't know where they went. it was a book heavily ordered by my old childhood shop at least. i remember they'd put in in their grab bags.

I'm not really arguing about which is 1st, etc. 

Really comes down to what people want.  Boba prominently displayed on 42 is a huge reason.  Comic format is another.   

Though I have Super Special 16 and SW 42, I'd much rather have 42 as I'm not a magazine format fan.  

Great part, people can get whatever they'd like and be happy.  

Patrick

What you need is this

1559581292_ESBpaperback.JPG.7e64f5be6d69

14 hours ago, kimik said:

Wow. Hulk 340 is now a $100 book in as low as 5.0 according to GPA. The action on it and other hot covers (e.g ASM #301, 316) reminds me of the late 00s/early 10s when ASM 300, NM 98, etc. hit the $100 buy in for low grade copies. 

It's been the first book off my wall at my last two shows. Sales were 8.5 for $80 and a 7.0 for $65. I keep pricing them up (or so I thought) and they keep selling. Batman 423 is the same way in that regard.

It is crazy. Mind you, there have been a few swipes of the cover so I guess it is heading to more of a classic cover status now. 

Good point on Bats #423. I thought I did well a few years back when I sold my two 9.8 CDN newsstand copies for $500 apiece. :tonofbricks:

6 minutes ago, AmazingComics413 said:

Wow! 

I am not sure what some of the best offers were. Whatever key combination I used to do to find the actual sales price doesn't work anymore.

I guess signed by Morrow carries a premium too:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIGHTY-MORPHIN-POWER-RANGERS-1-SABANS-HAMILTON-COMICS-1994-GRAY-MORROW-SIGNED/324470144223?hash=item4b8bed7cdf:g:toEAAOSw3hlgFfwe

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIGHTY-MORPHIN-POWER-RANGERS-1-HAMILTON-1994-SIGNED-BY-GRAY-MORROW/254794315515?hash=item3b52ecb6fb:g:q3UAAOSwsI1fxRv7

9 hours ago, kimik said:

It is crazy. Mind you, there have been a few swipes of the cover so I guess it is heading to more of a classic cover status now. 

Hulk 340 is my all-time favorite cover and was my favorite single issue when it came out.  Read it over and over.  At the time, it was the best fight I had ever seen.  Maybe still is. One of my few remaining slabs.

Would definitely say it's achieved something of cultural status, like Spider-Man #1 (1990).

Edited by Poekaymon

4 hours ago, Poekaymon said:

Hulk 340 is my all-time favorite cover and was my favorite single issue when it came out.  Read it over and over.  At the time, it was the best fight I had ever seen.  Maybe still is. One of my few remaining slabs.

Would definitely say it's achieved something of cultural status, like Spider-Man #1 (1990).

One of my all-time too. 

I still have the poster I bought and put on the wall.  Thumb tack rattiness and all.  

If I could find poster top loaders, I'd put it up today. 

I should dig that out and take a pick.  I didn't keep a ton of my OG stuff. 

Patrick 

On 3/5/2021 at 1:39 PM, followtheleader said:

X-men still seems soft to me.  This is where people could spend cheap and maybe get a nice reward later.  

A lot of $15 books that occasionally get more.  For clarity, I'm looking at the averages of raw books.

Like UXM 164 (Binary), 166 (Lockhead), 193 (Firestar, Warpath, Hellions), 201 (baby Cable), 210, 211, 212, and 213 (Mutant Massacre). 

221 is definitely more, but I'm kind of surprised that it's not higher. 

The 142 to earlier definitely do better. 

193 is the issue that I'd buy plenty of copies low.  Lot of 1st appearances and pretty darn cheap. 

Patrick 

Issue 244 seems to be doing well.  I just looked at that one and it seems to be puling a minimum of $25.00 for anything advertised as 8.0 or above.

8 hours ago, Von Cichlid said:

Issue 244 seems to be doing well.  I just looked at that one and it seems to be puling a minimum of $25.00 for anything advertised as 8.0 or above.

it probably should, why not? she was a pretty popular character. not sure how popular she is right now. they never knew what to do with her in the movies, but she was big in the cartoons. I feel like Marvel will know how to use her right.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

it probably should, why not? she was a pretty popular character. not sure how popular she is right now. they never knew what to do with her in the movies, but she was big in the cartoons. I feel like Marvel will know how to use her right.

Agreed.  

Anything popular in the past has a high likely of being popular again.  This book was definitely desired back in the day. 

I haven't look at UXM 248, but that was also prized (1st Jim Lee).  A little different as it's not a 1st of a character, but still one I'd buy cheap.  Not to mention it had a 2nd print .

Patrick 

3 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Agreed.  

Anything popular in the past has a high likely of being popular again.  This book was definitely desired back in the day. 

I haven't look at UXM 248, but that was also prized (1st Jim Lee).  A little different as it's not a 1st of a character, but still one I'd buy cheap.  Not to mention it had a 2nd print .

Patrick 

i don't feel like 244 ever really made it en masse into the cheap-o boxes (because i think i only own one). somehow I have found my fair share of 221 in them though, probably because sinister isn't on the cover and people forget. not that lee is on that cover either, but maybe folks see "M Squad" and figure it is worth something.

Nobody seems to care about artists anymore except for variants or killer covers. And it is his 1st on X-Men, not pro or marvel work, so less of a big deal. The book used to be a big deal, but i have found it often in $1-2 boxes. I'd buy it cheap all day though. everything comes back eventually it seems and it is going to be worth at least what you paid.

Edited by the blob

x-men 268 seems to have bounced back nicely. that was once a wall book and i know i have snagged it in cheap-o boxes (I am excited when i do though).  i remember that one being down as well and now i see some heathy sales.

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

Nobody seems to care about artists anymore except for variants or killer covers. And it is his 1st on X-Men, not pro or marvel work, so less of a big deal. The book used to be a big deal, but i have found it often in $1-2 boxes. I'd buy it cheap all day though. everything comes back eventually it seems and it is always going to be worth at least what you paid.

Looks fairly deflated until very recently.  Was about $5-10. 

Looking like a slight bump to $15-30-ish in the last week.  -

2nd print is kind of a dud. 

I'm the same, will always grab for cheap and high grade. 

Patrick