• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,810 posts in this topic

I miss scavenging. Right know my knee is a wreck, so i can't dig through boxes anyway, but I miss the hunt. I blew over $150 on dollar books at some place a few months ago just because i missed it so much. frankly, not a bunch of winners in the group though, but maybe with a bit more aging. I bought a bunch of pristine batman titles from the period right before and after detective 1000 and some superman titles from around then, and a bunch of late 90s /early 2000s x-men related books and odds and ends. i am hoping something relevant happened in those batman issues around then. and some batwing issues, but not the right one(s). i always feel like batman books have a good chance of going somewhere if you buy a big stack. 

Edited by the blob

1 minute ago, followtheleader said:

Looks fairly deflated until very recently.  Was about $5-10. 

Looking like a slight bump to $15-30-ish in the last week.  -

2nd print is kind of a dud. 

I'm the same, will always grab for cheap and high grade. 

Patrick 

But why are these Jim Lee books bouncing back? They have nice covers, but I don't think the stories in 248 or 268 are big impact stories. maybe 268 if hydra becomes relevant again. there are a couple of very minor flashback 1st apps in it. does the new blood spending all this money recognize them as iconic covers?

2 hours ago, the blob said:

But why are these Jim Lee books bouncing back? They have nice covers, but I don't think the stories in 248 or 268 are big impact stories. maybe 268 if hydra becomes relevant again. there are a couple of very minor flashback 1st apps in it. does the new blood spending all this money recognize them as iconic covers?

Some is nostalgia for those that remember they were hot (pre-Ebay-ish).  Guessing some is that the true keys are too dizzle expensive. 

Patrick

9 hours ago, the blob said:

it probably should, why not? she was a pretty popular character. not sure how popular she is right now. they never knew what to do with her in the movies, but she was big in the cartoons. I feel like Marvel will know how to use her right.

I thought she had a cool relationship with wolverine, I liked how protective she was of him. It might play well in a movie. Plus she will be marketable to Asia which is a big plus for marvel.

On 8/3/2020 at 11:46 PM, david20009 said:

I would say TMNT 47.  It has the first cover and first Space Usagi story.  By all traditional measures it is the first Space Usagi appearance.  TMNT 46 is just concept drawings.  I would view it as more of a prototype issue

TMNT-47-front-and-back.jpg

The rarest Space Usagi would be the Malibu Ashcan book.  It took me years before I found one (note there is an ashcan for the Darkhorse series too)

Space-Usagi1-Ashcan.jpg

Interesting debate on which comic will be considered as the true first appearance of Space Usagi.  TMNT 47 or Space Usagi 1?  

Seems like this guy says TMNT 47 is just a preview and the first full appearance is Space Usagi 1.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Space-Usagi-1-1992-Mirage-1st-FULL-App-Space-Usagi-TMNT-46-47-ONLY-PREVIEWS/393176768183?hash=item5b8b295eb7:g:dgAAAOSwpSlgRBXk

On 3/14/2021 at 5:30 AM, Wolverinex said:

Interesting debate on which comic will be considered as the true first appearance of Space Usagi.  TMNT 47 or Space Usagi 1?  

Seems like this guy says TMNT 47 is just a preview and the first full appearance is Space Usagi 1.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Space-Usagi-1-1992-Mirage-1st-FULL-App-Space-Usagi-TMNT-46-47-ONLY-PREVIEWS/393176768183?hash=item5b8b295eb7:g:dgAAAOSwpSlgRBXk

Why would we care what some ebay seller is telling us? or is that seller actually Stan Sakai? :D also he is selling Space Usagi 1 not TMNT47..

On 2/25/2021 at 11:13 AM, littledoom said:
On 2/25/2021 at 10:45 AM, comixry said:

Avengers 45 seeing some uptick in daily sales on eBay. Any thoughts on whether this will hold or fizzle once Wandavision is over?

West Coast Avengers 45? Fizzle.. all these Wanda books will cool off

This made me laugh today when I read it lol

I was way behind on Copper thread.

Edited by fastballspecial