• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,720 posts in this topic

Anything that was hot in the past 25 years is now super hot, it seems. Lots of folks digging up those old Wizard Top 10's for their spec plays. UXM 244 was a pricier issue for a while. Never as hot as 266 or 282, but still relatively expensive. Between the three of them, maybe she sucks the least? I was never a fan, but I disliked Bishop and outright hated Gambit, so I guess she wins by default.

Anyway, Longshot rules because Art Adams. The end.

18 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Anything that was hot in the past 25 years is now super hot, it seems. Lots of folks digging up those old Wizard Top 10's for their spec plays. UXM 244 was a pricier issue for a while. Never as hot as 266 or 282, but still relatively expensive. Between the three of them, maybe she sucks the least? I was never a fan, but I disliked Bishop and outright hated Gambit, so I guess she wins by default.

Anyway, Longshot rules because Art Adams. The end.

Love Longshot.  Love Gambit.  Don't care about Jubilee though she was okay in the animated show.  Good foil to Wolverine.  

On 3/17/2021 at 11:25 AM, ygogolak said:

For the win?  I doubt it unless I’m reading the bid history wrong. The only advantage I could see for the “Schiller” would be a new Gpa floor but it seems unlikely. More likely to be a non-paying bidder sadly. From my own sales on eBay I’m always amazed at the amount of low feedback winners I have. Not many zeros I’ll admit but many under a 100. I sometimes need to remember that I’m old. 

16 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Sad to see people on these boards that don’t understand shill bidding / market manipulation. I see enough of it on FB.

We understand it. The $655 may have been the result, sure, but the $515 MCS BIN and the auctions in the low $600? Fact is, for reasons unknown, it has tripled since December.

16 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

For the win?  I doubt it unless I’m reading the bid history wrong. The only advantage I could see for the “Schiller” would be a new Gpa floor but it seems unlikely. More likely to be a non-paying bidder sadly. From my own sales on eBay I’m always amazed at the amount of low feedback winners I have. Not many zeros I’ll admit but many under a 100. I sometimes need to remember that I’m old. 

I have low feedback BIN and best offer people as I don't run many auctions. Folks have mutiple accounts. And we all started once.

3 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Jubilee is a great character and a fave of people in their 30's. Plus she's an Asian female so has a REALLY good chance of showing up in any upcoming media. 

Yes. Marvel understands international markets. Although, frankly, appeasing the Chinese authorities seems like a difficult task. On any given week they may not be allowed to cast Japanese characters. I think Koreans might be ok.

4 hours ago, RearAdmiralSwank said:

I'm actually rather surprised, with all the discovery regarding multiple universes, quantum theory and such, that Age of Apocalypse hasn't exploded.

That was one of my favorite storylines, I collected practically every book involved, and the art at the time was fantastic. 

all of that is going to take a little bit because any complex x-men stories seem years away. marvel moves slowly. with that said, x-factor 6, which had been down, is up 50% or so since December. It could be that all 9.8 keys like it are too, I have no idea. Someone should do an analysis of the top 50 or so CA keys and get back to us.

17 minutes ago, the blob said:

We understand it. The $655 may have been the result, sure, but the $515 MCS BIN and the auctions in the low $600? Fact is, for reasons unknown, it has tripled since December.

That's exactly what market manipulation is. So, no, you don't understand it.

Fake sales, bumps price, people think it's actual value and buy at a higher price.

19 minutes ago, the blob said:

Yes. Marvel understands international markets. Although, frankly, appeasing the Chinese authorities seems like a difficult task. On any given week they may not be allowed to cast Japanese characters. I think Koreans might be ok.

Luckily, she's Chinese. And even if not, we know they have no problems switching race/gender/ethnicity/etc

34 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

ebay.jpg

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

That's exactly what market manipulation is. So, no, you don't understand it.

Fake sales, bumps price, people think it's actual value and buy at a higher price.

OH please. Stop. You think MCS is a fake sale? All the $250 BIN copies got cleaned out a couple of weeks ago. Maybe some folks at Disney have some inside information. I bid on a ton of books and feel it is unlikely I will win. I'm, in part, responsible for jacking them up, but other folks take it to the next level, usually. Am I manipulating the market? This sounds like a lot of conspiracy theory nonsense. You think the winners of these auctions are just clueless dupes who weren't willing to $600? You think the second and third runners up own 9.8s and are trying to jack up the GPA price and are willing to take the risk of getting stuck for a $600 copy? I'm just finding it a bit dubious with so many sales in this price point. Is the sudden surge easy to explain? No.  Anyway, I would like to appoint JonahJameson or whatever his name is to be Special Investigator into this and would like to see what conclusions he reaches.

16 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Luckily, she's Chinese. And even if not, we know they have no problems switching race/gender/ethnicity/etc

The Chinese authorities may not approve of her depiction as some overly Americanized mallrat. We shall see.

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

Doc1.jpg

images.jpg

I agree that the $610 there seems nonsensical if there was a $250 BIN to be had, but I don't know when that BIN was put up, it could have been snagged immediately on 3/10, or if there was  $515 mcs BIN available.  People shouldn't bid while drunk or high? You think the $610 buyer is not real or that he got duped up into that point? Maybe he had $700 to burn after taking half of his baby momma's stimulus check? Again, I think JJ needs to investigate these auction results. FN - I have no horse in this race. I don't own a 244, not even a beater.

8 minutes ago, the blob said:

I agree that the $610 there seems nonsensical if there was a $250 BIN to be had, but I don't know when that BIN was put up, it could have been snagged immediately on 3/10, or if there was  $515 mcs BIN available.  People shouldn't bid while drunk or high? You think the $610 buyer is not real or that he got duped up into that point? Maybe he had $700 to burn after taking half of his baby momma's stimulus check? Again, I think JJ needs to investigate these auction results. FN - I have no horse in this race. I don't own a 244, not even a beater.

You can tell when a listing was started. Many tools out there to do all of this. No reason to keep going on.

How about this? There is a CGC 9.8 listed for $650 w/BIN right now. Why hasn't that sold if there are people willing to pay that price for it?

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

You can tell when a listing was started. Many tools out there to do all of this. No reason to keep going on.

How about this? There is a CGC 9.8 listed for $650 w/BIN right now. Why hasn't that sold if there are people willing to pay that price for it?

I don't know how to tell when a store listing began.

One person (if he was legit) was willing to pay $655. There is no evidence anyone else was. Hence the BIN sits?

The $250 was OW/W pages. Maybe that mattered? Seems like not a great reason for a $350 difference, but it is a recent book, if you are looking for pristine..?