• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,811 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

All Canadians are, **I believe**, newsstands.

I'm relatively new to the concept.

I'll never forget picking up this book. It was around the time of Age of Apocalypse and I fell in love with the character, so I went around to all the LCS in my city, looking for XFactor 6. They were sitting around $100 around that time, when I came across this one shop that had one that was in F condition at best.

I had inquired why they would be selling it for $20 when clearly it wasn't anywhere NM. The clerk then told me it was a Canadian variant.

I said so?

And he said, Trust me, people are going to want these.

So I said, alright, it's expensive but I loved the character so much I shelled out for it. 

Had it graded in 2016, came in at 6.5, I think. It's in storage, cant quite remember. 

Never thought about it again till I joined this forum.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

I'm relatively new to the concept.

I'll never forget picking up this book. It was around the time of Age of Apocalypse and I fell in love with the character, so I went around to all the LCS in my city, looking for XFactor 6. They were sitting around $100 around that time, when I came across this one shop that had one that was in F condition at best.

I had inquired why they would be selling it for $20 when clearly it wasn't anywhere NM. The clerk then told me it was a Canadian variant.

I said so?

And he said, Trust me, people are going to want these.

So I said, alright, it's expensive but I loved the character so much I shelled out for it. 

Had it graded in 2016, came in at 6.5, I think. It's in storage, cant quite remember. 

Never thought about it again till I joined this forum.

I imagine that it's worth the initial price and grading fees, or will be in time. X-Men keys are all a hold right now I think. They should take a jump when they start hitting the MCU.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

So you're saying I should probably sell my XFactor 6 Canadian newsstand variant?

Probably, though that depends on how much you care about it and what you can get for it.

32 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

All Canadians are, **I believe**, newsstands.

Yes, the ones relevant here are, in fact, Canadian Newsstand editions. Any other description of them is less than perfect, at best.

For many years during the 80s (and even beyond for some publishers like Archie), many newsstand-distributed comics had both regular (U.S.) and Canadian Newsstand editions. I know why they had different prices for the U.S and Canada, but not why they made separate Newsstand editions with a single cover price, but only the single Direct edition with multiple cover prices.

Jeese - some of these key books are getting just crazy.  I saw a CGC 3.5 IH 181 go for over $3K this morning!  The run filler books seem to be treading water but the skys the limit on all the keys right now.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Jeese - some of these key books are getting just crazy.  I saw a CGC 3.5 IH 181 go for over $3K this morning!  The run filler books seem to be treading water but the skys the limit on all the keys right now.

Seller relisted the same book.  

1 minute ago, ft88 said:

Seller relisted the same book.  

I'm actually glad to hear this.  That price is crazy!  But now I'm seeing complete sets of Transformers going for over $1,000.  I picked up a very nice set for $400 not that long ago and I may just have to sell it if I can get $1,200.  My comic boxes are starting to look a tad thin with all the selling over the last couple months.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

the "key" is figuring out what run filler might be a future key, or semi-key, or semi-semi-semi-key

remember when 4th or 5th appearances of a hot character (sabretooth comes to mind) mattered?

there are so many books that have minor 1st or second appearances in them or deaths... captain america 285 features the death of the patriot, a character that had been around in one form or another for 40 years, was captain america for a while, etc., was featured on SHIELD (sort of) for a year, and it is a $2-3 book raw (no, i don't have a pile of them) ... he's been dead long enough they might bring him back...(of course he would be 100, but I digress...)

59 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Honestly thinking of putting up my 5 variant cover 9.8s of Xmen 1 up. Plus my 9.8 Xmen 5. Why that book is hot is beyond me

X-men 5 is tied to Omega.  Can never tell when a 2nd appearance will mean something to people or not. 

#1, that one baffles me.  Someone mentioned that Omega has a sketch maybe in the deluxe. 

Patrick

27 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

X-men 5 is tied to Omega.  Can never tell when a 2nd appearance will mean something to people or not. 

#1, that one baffles me.  Someone mentioned that Omega has a sketch maybe in the deluxe. 

Patrick

Isn't that 1st Maverick - not sure who that is but it popped up at one time or another

14 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:

I believe you should correctly state what you are thinking about selling, which is an X-Factor 6 Canadian Newsstand Edition.  Variant? Nope.

You do realize that you've lost this battle and you should probably move on now? Tilting at windmills only gives one a pain in the neck.

33 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

You do realize that you've lost this battle and you should probably move on now? Tilting at windmills only gives one a pain in the neck.

Yup

48 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:

I believe you should correctly state what you are thinking about selling, which is an X-Factor 6 Canadian Newsstand Edition.  Variant? Nope.

Take it up with CGC

15962F5C-7CDF-4B72-A98F-8E535E16E192.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

3 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Patrick

It has a "preview" sketch in the deluxe edition, yes.

I picked up all five covers graded in 9.8 on a whim one drunken lonely night years ago. Guess that might pay off

8 hours ago, Brock said:

I think “almost all” would be more accurate.

Archie Comics released some Canadian direct variants in the 1990s.

Ah, yes. After everybody else figured out that they could make a single Newsstand edition, Archie not only continued the split, but went the other way! lol:facepalm: (I really wish we had some insight into what the publishers thought they were doing at the time)