• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Really? You think the first appearance of a different color costume should be worth more than characters that have had their own movie franchises?

well, not just a costume...

14 minutes ago, the blob said:
22 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Really? You think the first appearance of a different color costume should be worth more than characters that have had their own movie franchises?

well, not just a costume...

Not to mention UF 4 is simply Spiderman with a different person under the mask. In ten years, when it's no longer Morales but someone else will that also be an expensive key issue? It's just goofy. It's all still Spiderman.

5 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Not to mention UF 4 is simply Spiderman with a different person under the mask. In ten years, when it's no longer Morales but someone else will that also be an expensive key issue? It's just goofy. It's all still Spiderman.

well, yes and no. if the character continues to resonate I think there is room in the spideyverse. but they have so many versions it is a bit watered down. 

maybe this is more important to the character that more recent comic sales:

https://gamerant.com/spider-man-miles-morales-big-sales-hit/

many millions of folks have spent $50 or whatever to play Miles on the screen. they know who he is. he was a big part of a fairly successful animated film. 

Edited by the blob

On 3/17/2021 at 1:50 PM, Crimebuster said:

More than that, unless I'm mistaken it's not a preview in the sense of showing the first few pages of issue 1 or something as an ad. It's a unique story that predates issue 1, and acts as a prequel. As such, it is the first appearance, no caveats. 

On 3/18/2021 at 1:34 AM, PeterPark said:

I didn't compare the two, but if it is a prequel rather than a preview, Space Usagi 1 is relegated to first issue of the series and all the impetus is focused on TMNT 47. I hope you're right :wishluck:

Crimebuster is correct TMNT 47 has a unique Space Usagi story and is the first appearance of Space Usagi.  TMNT 46 did have some Space Usagi concept drawings.  The guy on eBay selling Space Usagi 1 and saying it is the first appearance is erroneously trying to talk up his own auction.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

well, yes and no. if the character continues to resonate I think there is room in the spideyverse. but they have so many versions it is a bit watered down. 

maybe this is more important to the character that more recent comic sales:

https://gamerant.com/spider-man-miles-morales-big-sales-hit/

many millions of folks have spent $50 or whatever to play Miles on the screen. they know who he is. he was a big part of a fairly successful animated film. 

That's playing it down. He was the main character in a very popular film that won a lot of awards, including an Oscar.

10 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

That's playing it down. He was the main character in a very popular film that won a lot of awards, including an Oscar.

ok, the film had a $375 million box office. it made sony money for sure, but zootopia had a 1 billion box office, moana $690 million, ralph breaks the internet $529 m, hotel transylvania 3 $528 m, etc., so, in terms of animated movies, not a huge blockbuster. right next to Peter Rabbit (a movie I liked too) in the box office rankings... which cost $40 million less to make. I am surprised it did not do better. Awards are great and all, but it won awards because it was different, not because of his character.

Lest we forget Spider-Girl... Mayday Parker who was the 1998's version of the hippest Spider-incantation... 

I do think Miles Morales has more going for him than Mayday Parker.. but these things do seem to come around again and again. I do wonder if Marvel will ever 'retire' Peter Parker once and for all (I hope not, I hope they just find better stories for him to be in).

4 minutes ago, peted76 said:

Lest we forget Spider-Girl... Mayday Parker who was the 1998's version of the hippest Spider-incantation... 

I do think Miles Morales has more going for him than Mayday Parker.. but these things do seem to come around again and again. I do wonder if Marvel will ever 'retire' Peter Parker once and for all (I hope not, I hope they just find better stories for him to be in).

Spider-verse felt very much like a retirement party for Peter Parker.  

5 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
11 minutes ago, peted76 said:

Spider-verse felt very much like a retirement party for Peter Parker.  

Time will tell but perhaps only until someone in the future decides otherwise. 

6 hours ago, peted76 said:

the current version of PP looks 15 (even if he is 24), so I think he has a while to go so long as he remains liked. but at some point he can't be  a dumb kid anymore. especially given that he is supposed to be a genius (a point the movies don't really stress lately)

49 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Secret Wars II #3 is increasing.  Apparently sellers are saying it's the first appearance of the Beyonder which I'm not sure of.  It maybe the first physical appearance but I would argue that doesn't count!xD

And you would be correct to argue that. It's the first appearance of Frank.

8 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Secret Wars II #3 is increasing.  Apparently sellers are saying it's the first appearance of the Beyonder which I'm not sure of.  It maybe the first physical appearance but I would argue that doesn't count!xD

Full of excrement hucksters :facepalm:

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

There's a handful of decent results of the 1980s Doctor Fate mini (better than the dollar boxes you could probably still find them in, anyway), I'm assuming because of the announcement of the Pierce Brosnan casting.

What year?