• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,720 posts in this topic

I just saw that a couple of 9.8 Swamp Thing #37’s (1st John Constantine) sold on eBay this month.  They were listed at around $3000, but best offers were accepted on both.  I’m curious as to what they sold for because tonight someone listed another one for $7500.  Are people really that nuts for the Justice League After Dark movie?  Do you think, realistically, that people will pay that much for an issue that is really common in 9.8?

48 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I just saw that a couple of 9.8 Swamp Thing #37’s (1st John Constantine) sold on eBay this month.  They were listed at around $3000, but best offers were accepted on both.  I’m curious as to what they sold for because tonight someone listed another one for $7500.  Are people really that nuts for the Justice League After Dark movie?  Do you think, realistically, that people will pay that much for an issue that is really common in 9.8?

I dunno.

What I do know is that I now want that issue and the first Hellblazer because of the Keanu Reeves movie

And now I'm gonna have to wait even longer to get them 

On 3/21/2021 at 8:08 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Apparently ASM 252 CGC 9.8 is now a $2225 (regular edition) book!  Seriously who is buying these books at these laughable numbers! lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-252-CGC-9-8-NM-MT-First-Black-Suit/124635923953?hash=item1d04e145f1%3Ag%3AYYwAAOSwJeRgTs6a&LH_Auction=1

No clue but wish I kept all the copies I used to have. Same with ASM 361 was a $200-$250 book in 9.8 for the longest 

Some real insanity going on. It can’t sustain.  Is She Hulk #1 really a 1k+?book?  Who is buying this stuff?  Gonna be a lot of hurt feelings when the bottom drops.   I’m seeing books that were dollar bin fodder for years (looking at you Byrne FF’s) going for 40-50+ raw even here on the boards.  It’s nuts.

14 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Some real insanity going on. It can’t sustain.  Is She Hulk #1 really a 1k+?book?  Who is buying this stuff?  Gonna be a lot of hurt feelings when the bottom drops.   I’m seeing books that were dollar bin fodder for years (looking at you Byrne FF’s) going for 40-50+ raw even here on the boards.  It’s nuts.

Those FF prices in Andy’s thread caught my attention as well. 

27 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

X-factor #6 cgc 9.8 were selling for $250-300 in January. They have since almost doubled now. For no reason either, now is not great time to be buying. 

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Byrne's best stuff ever and now 35+ years old... think about it.

which thread was this? i know a few issues in that run now matter, but it had been so dead for so long. but i suppose anything is possible if people think a book will be a 9,8.

12 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Byrne's best stuff ever and now 35+ years old... think about it.

I am not seeing that much action on most of these books other than some Galactus issues (why is 243 so popular?) and she hulk joining. Granted, Byrne did a bunch of those. But most of the other stuff is still in the $3-7 range.

I just stopped buying them when I saw them because I had so many and there just seemed to be an endless supply as they were so popular. At the very least I should have been keeping a careful eye out for the really high grade ones, although, frankly, for the ones that have really popped (like 243), they don't need to be

It is getting overwhelming. Are these books popping because Galactus might be a villian in some avengers movie in 5 years?

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

I am not seeing that much action on most of these books other than some Galactus issues (why is 243 so popular?) and she hulk joining. Granted, Byrne did a bunch of those. But most of the other stuff is still in the $3-7 range.

I just stopped buying them when I saw them because I had so many and there just seemed to be an endless supply as they were so popular. At the very least I should have been keeping a careful eye out for the really high grade ones, although, frankly, for the ones that have really popped (like 243), they don't need to be

It is getting overwhelming. Are these books popping because Galactus might be a villian in some avengers movie in 5 years?

ive been buying that book for years and hoarding.. could be what Avengers 223 was to the Civil War movie... raw NM/MT copies sell for $100 

6 minutes ago, littledoom said:

ive been buying that book for years and hoarding.. could be what Avengers 223 was to the Civil War movie... raw NM/MT copies sell for $100 

why that book? just because it was the first time the avengers fought galactus? but yes, i suppose a lot of stuff is a good bet if you can get a nice copy for a buck, maybe two.

Seems like 211 (which is not longer cheap), would be more desireable, but yeah, i guess it doesn't link in to a movie, and terrax looks too much like darkseid and maybe thanos, confusing to people.

The Tick (cartoon's) version of Galactus, Omnipotus, was pretty funny:

1000?cb=20170711062855

On 3/27/2021 at 10:05 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Put the item number in here: https://130point.com/sales/

or use this method: 

Edited by valiantman