• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,811 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, the blob said:

Elfquest! Although in this market my recent purchases of about 12 issues may make everyone triple their prices.

Fantasy Quarterly #1 has been on fire in 9.6 and 9.8. I was thinking of grabbing an undercopy on CL and was blown out of the water so, I think their time is coming as well. 

10 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

I don't know guys Bishop is a huge staple in the x-verse. We live in a world where the first appearance of Honey Badger overpriced 1st Bishop. Who has earned it more? It's about time Bishop gets some attention. I like his character and I always have since I saw him on X-men animated series. Just my 2 cents. 

I’ve always liked the character as well. There were a lot of them printed though, but I guess when 244 in 9.8 can briefly be a $600 book, what can’t 282 in 9.8 be a $500 book.

5 hours ago, PKJ said:

Fantasy Quarterly #1 has been on fire in 9.6 and 9.8. I was thinking of grabbing an undercopy on CL and was blown out of the water so, I think their time is coming as well. 

Wow - a CGC 9.6 just sold for $1,020 (I assume on ComicConnect)!  A grand for that book will have me putting a copy up for sale tonight.  I can't imagine I paid more then $300 a piece a few years ago.

Just now, 1Cool said:

Wow - a CGC 9.6 just sold for $1,020 (I assume on ComicConnect)!  A grand for that book will have me putting a copy up for sale tonight.  I can't imagine I paid more then $300 a piece a few years ago.

Agree, I  certainly did not pay that for mine, You could buy them direct from the Pini's for @100 ish not too terribly long ago. Elfquest have always held a close part of my heart so always bought them and Gi Joe when at shows for next to nothing. Although in my experience 9.8 is tough, only had 1 out of all the copies I have owned. Stil have it.

23 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Not in Fantasy Quarterly range but has the time finally come to dig out all these? There must be TENS of thousands of these sitting in people’s collections in darn near perfect shape

DA0174C5-5DCB-48CA-976F-8D8FAFB77362.jpeg

X-men 4 has been something for a bit now. 

Even the Deluxe X-men 1.  

If you want to dump them, I would recommend doing so. 

Patrick 

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

X-men 4 has been something for a bit now. 

Even the Deluxe X-men 1.  

If you want to dump them, I would recommend doing so. 

Patrick 

The Wolverine/Cyclops/Iceman cover has the pinup that includes Omega Red, and some people are picking that up as well.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

This happened in the last 2 weeks. Right after we discussed the book. I posted a link to a 9 6 SS that had just sold for $799... And then the book started popping. No corresponding movement on elfquest 2, possibly because high grade Cgc copies don't pop up.

On 4/5/2021 at 8:59 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Yikes is right.  I know what you’re thinking, but don’t sell them.  You’ll regret it.

That was my sale!  Packing it up as we speak.

Why do you think this is a big book long term?

Edited by NewWorldOrder

21 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Holy moly. Must have been 5 or 6 years ago, I won an Ebay auction with a CGC 9.8 282 with a cracked case and about 10 raw copies. 

Sent in the CGC 9.8 for reholder and came back 9.8 :banana:

Over the following two+ years sold off the raw copies for $5 - $10 essentially recouping what I paid for the whole auction. In retrospect, slightly wish I held on to the raws or sent them in for CGC grading. Otherwise pretty darn happy now holding an ever increasing 9.8. 

23 minutes ago, rexinnih said:

Holy moly. Must have been 5 or 6 years ago, I won an Ebay auction with a CGC 9.8 282 with a cracked case and about 10 raw copies. 

Over the following two+ years sold off the raw copies for $5 - $10 essentially recouping what I paid for the whole auction. In retrospect, slightly wish I held on to the raws or sent them in for CGC grading. Otherwise pretty darn happy now holding an ever increasing 9.8. 

down to $416, albeit  cracked case: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncanny-X-Men-282-CGC-9-8-White-Pages-1st-App-Bishop-Malcom-amp-Randall-/324543792041?hash=item4b905143a9%3Ag%3AWxUAAOSwFM5gYNQY&nma=true&si=BZbpsjZvXBDBh7scMVfgI%2BAabNw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

1 hour ago, NewWorldOrder said:

That was my sale!  Packing it up as we speak.

Why do you think this is a big book long term?

Congratulations on the sale NewWorldOrder.  I just said that to FlyingDonut because he has an almost complete 9.8 FF run from #114 to #416 and had been working a long time on his impressive personal collection.  I personally would rather have Donut's beautiful FF's than money.

24 minutes ago, rexinnih said:

nice raws that folks pretend could be 9.8s seem to be around $30-35. with that said, even in 9.6 and 9.4 it is a worthwhile slab

6 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Not in Fantasy Quarterly range but has the time finally come to dig out all these? There must be TENS of thousands of these sitting in people’s collections in darn near perfect shape

DA0174C5-5DCB-48CA-976F-8D8FAFB77362.jpeg

Didn’t they sell eight MILLION of these? Can you imagine that happening now? I believe it though, I know I bought one of each cover and everyone I knew did the same. They’ve all been sitting in bags and boards since. What were we thinking? 😄

12 hours ago, PKJ said:

picked up my copy... for some reason, its not what remembered from the 70s

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantasy-Quarterly-1/184112907993?hash=item2addfc06d9:g:nd8AAOSwwZBfiABx