• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,797 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, SuperBird said:

Thor 337 9.8 is now well over $1k. 

sure, why not? x-men 282, which was printed in the gadjillions and kept as a collector's item right away, is $400-500+, why wouldn't a book from 10 years earlier that folks did not see coming that introduces a nifty character and was the start of a classic artistic run on the title second only maybe to byrne's run on FF in that era (Byrne's X-Men run started in a different era and I'm not sure we can say Perez had such a clear run on the Avengers as he was bouncing around with other artists). thor 337 was an instant collectible though, so that might have helped keep some copies minty.

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

sure, why not? x-men 282, which was printed in the gadjillions and kept as a collector's item right away, is $400-500+, why wouldn't a book from 10 years earlier that folks did not see coming that introduces a nifty character and was the start of a classic artistic run on the title second only maybe to byrne's run on FF in that era (Byrne's X-Men run started in a different era and I'm not sure we can say Perez had such a clear run on the Avengers as he was bouncing around with other artists). thor 337 was an instant collectible though, so that might have helped keep some copies minty.

Can't wait to see Thor 338 9.8 reach 1k  next week.  

Not a copper, but I recently sold a Showcase 23, I made about a 25-30% profit in 2 years on it, so i can't complain, and I figured if the HBO show was gonna hype stuff it would have by now, but I can't help but feel like I should have held on. then again, the DC stuff rarely pops like Marvel stuff and doesn't stay popped, outside of Batman. I waited a couple of weeks to list my black superman comics and not a bid yet. I still have 4 days, but still.

18 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Seriously though, I can't decide if I should sell  my copy or hold.  I think I may regret it if the IP  shows up  on netflix if I sell  because I won't be able to rebuy it in  the future...

Well it is a book that does not have the supply to meet the demand if it was to be brought into mainstream. A netflix series would make that book really explode.

7 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Well it is a book that does not have the supply to meet the demand if it was to be brought into mainstream. A netflix series would make that book really explode.

Yeah I only have 1 copy, so I may hold onto mine for the time being.   I   missed out on  bitcoin, I'm not going to  miss out on  Elfquest.   I saw what happened to Bone,  Cerebus,Crow this past year.

Edited by Wolverinex

so with $200 books becoming $700 or 1000 books in the 70 or 80 or 100 days it takes CGC to grade something (and the 100+ days to get something pressed and graded), are folks seeing CGC bumping their books into higher tiers?

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

I bought a newsstand one in August(?) for $700 and now we'll see.

When guys like you are dropping $700 for that book 8 months ago we know this market has warped our depth perception. Not saying it wasn't a prudent bet, but yeah, I see some books I would never buy before at fmv and I think to myself it could crack $1000. seriously, a couple of weeks ago when i decided i was interested in getting a Fantasy Quarterly 1 I was pissed a SS 9.6 had just sold that day for $799. I was seriously thinking of laying that kind of money out. I have never spent that kind of money on a book. $600 for a Timely was probably my limit. This was for a comic I had probably read 2 or 3 of in the title back in 1980 or something. But when it is fairly easy to generate $1000 a week in sales then dropping $700, $800 on a nice book doesn't seem like a big deal.

Edited by the blob

On 4/6/2021 at 8:37 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It makes total sense that X-Men 282, a book anyone collecting in the 90s has 5-10 copies of of, goes for more than a nice conan 1 (and seriously, conan is actually having some buzz right now): https://www.ebay.com/itm/Conan-the-Barbarian-1-CGC-7-0-W-Origin-1st-App-Conan-1st-App-King-Kull-BWS/143991549365?hash=item218690adb5:g:iswAAOSwS-xgYUMp