• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,772 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, the blob said:

It makes total sense that X-Men 282, a book anyone collecting in the 90s has 5-10 copies of of, goes for more than a nice conan 1 (and seriously, conan is actually having some buzz right now): https://www.ebay.com/itm/Conan-the-Barbarian-1-CGC-7-0-W-Origin-1st-App-Conan-1st-App-King-Kull-BWS/143991549365?hash=item218690adb5:g:iswAAOSwS-xgYUMp

That's absurd, don't you realize @GeeksAreMyPeeps already says he has 20?!?!  lol

2 hours ago, I am not Glenda said:

I looked for quite some time for the Canadian variant in 9.8 wp. I picked this up in early fall before things went really nuts for $800. On a side note: I posted it in the Canadian NS thread here and thus far have been pmed 3 offers with the high being $1700 and the low being $1200

130735680_10159032028419312_6439871908960455261_n.jpg

Looks like CGC didn't denote it as a Canadian Variant either. I'd reach  out and get them to update (they should do this as Mechanical Error free resub).

21 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

That's absurd, don't you realize @GeeksAreMyPeeps already says he has 20?!?!  lol

I should have said "minimum 5-10" copies of. i feel silly, i gave one to a co-worker because she likes bishop, but hey, the next 283 9.8 has a shot at $300, that one doesn't seem to come up all that often, a fair amount of 9.6, not that many 9.8

I wonder if the current climate is getting some folks thinking they came do this full time who would have never considered it, like tales of professionals giving up careers to sell sportcards in 1990 or so. We don't need a crash for that to wreck folks, we just need to go back to 2018 where most folks here thought things were nuts. I'm having fun, but don't quit your day job. $200 for thundercats 1? Sure, why not? Sounds good! 

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

I wonder if the current climate is getting some folks thinking they came do this full time who would have never considered it, like tales of professionals giving up careers to sell sportcards in 1990 or so. We don't need a crash for that to wreck folks, we just need to go back to 2018 where most folks here thought things were nuts. I'm having fun, but don't quit your day job. $200 for thundercats 1? Sure, why not? Sounds good! 

Dude I just picked up a Sensational She Hulk for 40 and I'm gonna retire 

26 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Dude I just picked up a Sensational She Hulk for 40 and I'm gonna retire 

Ok, not on one book. Problem is if you have 5x as many folks chasing books in person to sell online the in person books will stop being cheap. Not that there isn't a ton of arbitrage on ebay. I just bought a lot for $12 shipped after taxes. I have already sold the. best book for $20 plus shipping. The other two are $8-12 books and the 4th is a dollar box book. I'm already ahead of the game even if I sell the other two for $5 each. Of course, you can only stumble on a few of those a week with 50,000 other flippers hunting. If I shipped media while still charging $5 I would really be making out. And I get it, we are talking a $20 profit and 30-45 minutes of work. But if you are a guy making $20 an hour doing mold remediation making as much selling comics at your home seems tempting, particularly of the wife has a real job with family health insurance.

Edited by the blob

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

Ok, not on one book. Problem is if you have 5x as many folks chasing books in person to sell online the in person books will stop being cheap. Not that there isn't a ton of arbitrage on ebay. I just bought a lot for $12 shipped after taxes. I have already sold the. best book for $20 plus shipping. The other two are $8-12 books and the 4th is a dollar box book. I'm already ahead of the game even if I sell the other two for $5 each. Of course, you can only stumble on a few of those a week with 50,000 other flippers hunting. If I shipped media while still charging $5 I would really be making out.

I cant do that here. Shipping to the states is absolutely ridiculous. 

So in person books are a much more attractive option. Not only that, there are a lot of old school collectors who do it mearly for the fun of it. One of the benefits of not living in a large population density area.

And the bonus of noticing every other book is a Canadian newsstand. 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

I cant do that here. Shipping to the states is absolutely ridiculous. 

So in person books are a much more attractive option. Not only that, there are a lot of old school collectors who do it mearly for the fun of it. One of the benefits of not living in a large population density area.

And the bonus of noticing every other book is a Canadian newsstand. 

Talking about in the USA, not the northern worker's paradise. You folks tend to be more sensible.

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

Talking about in the USA, not the northern worker's paradise. You folks tend to be more sensible.

Ah I dunno. Sometimes I feel like I'm in cold Florida 

1 minute ago, the blob said:

We are all miserable in our jobs. (Ok, I'm generalizing)  I am angling to retire at 55 it 57 even though it makes much more sense to hang on until 60 or 62. The job is going to kill me.

I am, but 22 more years and there's a pension if I can hang in there. That makes a huge difference 

1 minute ago, Dr. Dank said:

I am, but 22 more years and there's a pension if I can hang in there. That makes a huge difference 

I can make these plans because I have a pension in addition to social security and retirement savings. A rarity for most nearly 50 Americans. I'm still going to have to sell comics and do wills and stuff to pay bills from 57 until social security kicks in. I just don't think I can be a court room litigator anymore at 60 getting berated by some 40 year old political appointee judge.

1 minute ago, the blob said:

I can make these plans because I have a pension in addition to social security and retirement savings. A rarity for most nearly 50 Americans. I'm still going to have to sell comics and do wills and stuff to pay bills from 57 until social security kicks in. I just don't think I can be a court room litigator anymore at 60 getting berated by some 40 year old political appointee judge.

Props to you. I work on inanimate objects. I cannot work with people

1 hour ago, the blob said:

We are all miserable in our jobs. (Ok, I'm generalizing)  I am angling to retire at 55 it 57 even though it makes much more sense to hang on until 60 or 62. The job is going to kill me.

I think it's the retiring early that kills a lot of people . . . . :bigsmile: