• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,772 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, the blob said:
9 hours ago, divad said:

I think it's the retiring early that kills a lot of people . . . . :bigsmile:

hardly. what's the difference between 57 and 62? 5 more years of job misery. For me it wouldn't be retirement anyway, I'd hang a shingle and do low stress stuff like trusts and estates and real estate closings, probably make a lot less, not work as many hours, and sell comics. and paint pictures of psychotic clowns.

Agreed I have no desire for that either. Find a low stress job, pay the bills, sell some comics and cruise into retirement instead of crashing in
looking around and asking what do I do now?

12 hours ago, the blob said:

hardly. what's the difference between 57 and 62? 5 more years of job misery. For me it wouldn't be retirement anyway, I'd hang a shingle and do low stress stuff like trusts and estates and real estate closings, probably make a lot less, not work as many hours, and sell comics. and paint pictures of psychotic clowns.

You sound burned out.   Definitely go part time or retire as long as you can figure out what to do with healthcare. 

Btw. Here's a recent FQ 1 sale.  Can't tell what the final price was though. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114713328792

15 hours ago, divad said:

I think it's the retiring early that kills a lot of people . . . . :bigsmile:

This is true...my uncle only lasted a couple of years after retiring before dying.

His wife was going crazy having him around the house 24 hours a day that she bought a gun and shot him.

Edited by Bludriver