• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,769 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Definitely go part time or retire as long as you can figure out what to do with healthcare

Thats the problem with most who can retire early. When I started my current career 25 years ago, I had my retirement date all set to retire next year at age 58. It was all worked out including me getting my own healthcare from age 58 to 65/Medicare. Then Obamacare came and blew those plans out of the water. Since then there is no health insurance available on the market offering what I could have gotten before ACA. So now, unless something changes, retiring before 65 is doh!

8 hours ago, jcjames said:

Thats the problem with most who can retire early. When I started my current career 25 years ago, I had my retirement date all set to retire next year at age 58. It was all worked out including me getting my own healthcare from age 58 to 65/Medicare. Then Obamacare came and blew those plans out of the water. Since then there is no health insurance available on the market offering what I could have gotten before ACA. So now, unless something changes, retiring before 65 is doh!

Insurance were going up 5-10% a year before ACA. Why do you think they would have gotten frozen at 2008 levels?

Thundercats #1 1985 is the first appearance of Mummra. However If you are a fan you know Mummra has a different form. Mummra the ever living first appears in #2. For actual fans that tends to be a big deal. Just worth mentioning. 

RCO015_1469519498.jpg

RCO016_1469519498.jpg

Edited by maidenmate91

12 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

12 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I'm already formulating my plans for retirement. I think the reason why some struggle with retirement is because they don't have a plan. If you love to work then by all means continue to do so but I can't wait to retire. 

"Everybody's got a plan . . .  until they get punched in the mouth." :bigsmile:

19 hours ago, fastballspecial said:
On 4/10/2021 at 4:06 PM, the blob said:
On 4/10/2021 at 2:07 PM, divad said:

I think it's the retiring early that kills a lot of people . . . . :bigsmile:

hardly. what's the difference between 57 and 62? 5 more years of job misery. For me it wouldn't be retirement anyway, I'd hang a shingle and do low stress stuff like trusts and estates and real estate closings, probably make a lot less, not work as many hours, and sell comics. and paint pictures of psychotic clowns.

Agreed I have no desire for that either. Find a low stress job, pay the bills, sell some comics and cruise into retirement instead of crashing in
looking around and asking what do I do now?

If you are miserable in the work you do, you should quit and explore alternatives.

Also note, why do they call it work instead of play?

Happiness is the true goal.:foryou:

10 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Really? Really?

Yes really, I'm not saying it should be worth more. Just as a side note for fans, it's not a massive deal. People always note costume changes with heroes and others. It's the same argument here. I like thundercats and always have, also power rangers. So I will continue to point out bs no one cares about. lol

55 minutes ago, divad said:

If you are miserable in the work you do, you should quit and explore alternatives.

Also note, why do they call it work instead of play?

Happiness is the true goal.:foryou:

Pension. I have 8 years until 25 service and can retire in 6. I am doing it because these last few years, vs. What I could collect at 55 or 57 if I left the job now with 17 years of service is huge. Not at all proportional. If I work 8 more years my pension is 3x as much. So I put up with not liking the job. Both my parents lived well into their 80s. Neither ate well. Both smoked.. My dad for 25+ years, my mom for 50, so there is some longevity in may family despite treating our bodies like garbage.

3 minutes ago, jcjames said:

And yet they still kept going up.

:frown:

From 2000-8 premiums increased almost 100%. From 2009-present it may have again. The problem is $150 to $300 hurts less than $300 to $600 or $575, so you felt that second doubling more. Not gonna argue with you that the current structure is not working for many, Just that the old one didn't either and you could get denied for a zillion things you can't now and 10% of the population was SOOL. My suggestion is marry a Canadian boardie!

2 hours ago, the blob said:

Pension. I have 8 years until 25 service and can retire in 6. I am doing it because these last few years, vs. What I could collect at 55 or 57 if I left the job now with 17 years of service is huge. Not at all proportional. If I work 8 more years my pension is 3x as much. So I put up with not liking the job. Both my parents lived well into their 80s. Neither ate well. Both smoked.. My dad for 25+ years, my mom for 50, so there is some longevity in may family despite treating our bodies like garbage.

I get that. There are very few jobs that have actual pensions these days. Cheers, and good luck with the renovation! :smile: