• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,765 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, divad said:

I get that. There are very few jobs that have actual pensions these days. Cheers, and good luck with the renovation! :smile:

I think you're thinking of Donut re: the renovations. I had to do some mold scraping and painting last week. I got lucky, I thought I would have to rip out a wall down to the studs, but the mold was just on the surface. Still gonna have to pay the plumber to cut out and fix a rotted out steam pipe that created the mold though, but heating season is over thankfully. Gotta find some more Thundercats #1s to pay for that!

Edited by the blob

12 hours ago, divad said:

Same buyer though had both bids - He really wanted it. :bigsmile:

When I was doing eBay results searches to update that Comics Since 1988 that are worth $$$ thread, I found that a good number of The Long Halloween issues (I know that the book you sold wasn't technically part of that run, but looks similar) were a bit pricey. I may send mine off to be graded.

13 hours ago, divad said:
On 4/11/2021 at 9:11 AM, Jeffro. said:

I'm already formulating my plans for retirement. I think the reason why some struggle with retirement is because they don't have a plan. If you love to work then by all means continue to do so but I can't wait to retire. 

"Everybody's got a plan . . .  until they get punched in the mouth." :bigsmile:

Or attempt to quote me :baiting:

17 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

photo?

There should be photos of Pini on the web, as she won the Red Sonja contest judged by artist Frank Thorne. She also appeared on Merv Grfifin (?) tv talk show broadcast in costume. Possibly a Pini pic in 'Ghita of Alizarr' adult graphic novel by Frank Thorne.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

I continue to be astounded by sold prices on eBay. Today, I could sell my two higher grade copies of Amazing Spider-Man #316 for more money than if I had sold my entire comic book collection ten years ago. That may even be the case for my pile of Thundercats, SilverHawks, and Visionaries issues. How is this even possible when the two recent Thundercats shows were unsuccessful?

7 minutes ago, Plantman said:

I continue to be astounded by sold prices on eBay. Today, I could sell my two higher grade copies of Amazing Spider-Man #316 for more money than if I had sold my entire comic book collection ten years ago. That may even be the case for my pile of Thundercats, SilverHawks, and Visionaries issues. How is this even possible when the two recent Thundercats shows were unsuccessful?

thundercats are worthless junk. please send them to me for proper disposal,

51 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

B77.gif.pagespeed_ce.8HqSpsX5-L.gif.f83ae2d558fc23382d585bc4c14455a4.gif

the top one showed up with a "wendi pinni red sonja" google, but it was another early cosplayer (who looks great). Pinni has a toned atheltic red sonjaesqe body you just didn't see on many ladies in the late 70s or whenever these were taken. kudos to her. the dorks who attended cons back then (I was like 8) must have been losing their minds. she could definitely pull off that costume.

Edited by the blob

26 minutes ago, Plantman said:

You have some work to do then . . . lol

2 hours ago, the blob said:

I had all my copies of 316 scanned and ready to sell when the venom movie came out. glad i was too lazy to actually list them then.

I had a similar experience with my copy of Ultimate Fallout #4. I would have sold it for about $80 in December 2018, but it was buried deep in my boxes and forgotten. Better to be forgetful than enterprising in that situation!