• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,801 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, the blob said:

the top one showed up with a "wendi pinni red sonja" google, but it was another early cosplayer (who looks great). Pinni has a toned atheltic red sonjaesqe body you just didn't see on many ladies in the late 70s or whenever these were taken. kudos to her. the dorks who attended cons back then (I was like 8) must have been losing their minds. she could definitely pull off that costume.

Wendy appears in costume at the end at the 9:25 mark, but the whole thing's worth watching.

Cringe away as they manhandle these vintage comics.

8 minutes ago, Plantman said:

I had a similar experience with my copy of Ultimate Fallout #4. I would have sold it for about $80 in December 2018, but it was buried deep in my boxes and forgotten. Better to be forgetful than enterprising in that situation! 

Please do not bring that book up. I sold my 3 copies for $10 each. It gives me nightmares.

2 minutes ago, jdandns said:

Wendy appears in costume at the end at the 9:25 mark, but the whole thing's worth watching.

I don't like whatever she is doing with her eye make up, but everything else works...

12 minutes ago, Plantman said:

I had a similar experience with my copy of Ultimate Fallout #4. I would have sold it for about $80 in December 2018, but it was buried deep in my boxes and forgotten. Better to be forgetful than enterprising in that situation! 

I sold copies of NYX 3 for $7.99 and $49.99, respectively. The $49.99 I cry less about, of course. The only reason I still own a copy is I was going through bags where I had stuffed 5 or 6 random moderns and there another copy of NYX 3 was, right in middle.

32 minutes ago, the blob said:

Please do not bring that book up. I sold my 3 copies for $10 each. It gives me nightmares.

Oops, I probably read about that in another thread. My bad! Luckily, these days if you can sell a few Valiant Nintendo comics here and some Thundercats comics there, then you can make a couple grand.

2 hours ago, Plantman said:

Oops, I probably read about that in another thread. My bad! Luckily, these days if you can sell a few Valiant Nintendo comics here and some Thundercats comics there, then you can make a couple grand.

I have to sell a lot of thundercats to make up for that

5 hours ago, Plantman said:

yes, i drag it out every few weeks. can't win them all.

2 minutes ago, spracknetch23 said:

I have a copy of UF4 2nd printing variant that I got in a dollar box. Tried to sell it a few times for $5 to no avail. Buried it in a box and forgot about it. Lo and behold it goes for like $100 now O.o

I have a copy too lol that I picked up to read as it was midgrade, I paid a whopping $20 lol it's nice to know even though it's lower grade, that I'd make my money back :banana: 

5 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Time to buy more elfquest

that was actually right before elfquest first appeared. so she was a cosplay fan dressing up at conventions who made her dream of creating a comic a reality, awesome. 30+ years later, 20 million comics, GNs, books, etc. 

1 hour ago, the blob said:

that was actually right before elfquest first appeared. so she was a cosplay fan dressing up at conventions who made her dream of creating a comic a reality, awesome. 30+ years later, 20 million comics, GNs, books, etc. 

Wow,  yes,  that red sonja costume was very flattering on her.   Also glad she ended up creating elf quest. 

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Time to buy more elfquest

And to take my pants to a tailor.  They seem to have pleats in them or it may just be an optical illusion. (shrug) but yes MORE ELFQUEST! 

On 4/12/2021 at 3:06 PM, jdandns said:

Mike Douglas' reaction to $1,500 for Superman 1 would be replaced with a heart attack at current prices. 

On 12/25/2012 at 7:14 PM, fastballspecial said:

Since the other forums had one figured Id start one here too. I looked and didnt see another thread. This Age is tougher to find books the blow up due to high print runs and just a glut of books in the 90s. All that being said you still books break out. Some examples are New Mutants 98, Iron Man 282, Thanos Quest, and Hulk 340 that are all holding value or increasing. While books like Silver Surfer 34 have the potential to increase.

What examples can we find?

9 years later the dearth of hot CA books sounds  funny

2 hours ago, rexinnih said:

Mike Douglas' reaction to $1,500 for Superman 1 would be replaced with a heart attack at current prices. 

I feel like action 1 was $10k in mint in our first opg from 77 Or 78