• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,772 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, littledoom said:

Wolverine 1 1988 selling for $50 to $100 newsstand raw high grades.. I remember 4-5 years ago even around Logan time it was only a $15-25 seller

Really? I remember selling it for a chunk more even earlier than then, not even newsstand

11 hours ago, littledoom said:

Marvel Comics Presents 1 also selling well.. now is probably not the time to list but to wait for prices to climb

Not seeing it yet. That's always been a book that could sell for $15 or $5 depending on random things, but maybe the frequency of $15-20 sales is up. But you are right about MCP 72. In the last week in particular. And 79 is on the rise. I haven't looked at all the individual issues, but the set is looking more like it should be $200+ for nice copies rather than the $79.99-99.99 it had been selling for.

27 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Maybe MCP 1 is selling because people FINALLY realize it has an awesome Simonson cover? I had a promo poster of that cover as a kid, hang on my wall for many years. Love Uncle Walt!

On april 15 one sold for $27.99 and another for $15. $15 was pretty normal, I hope the $27.99 is the new normal, but I'm not sure I'd bet on it just yet. 

38 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Love Simonson, but that cover is kinda terrible....:sorry:

F7618116-CB5A-46A1-B3C6-A9B18E845F19.jpeg

I'm with you. Always thought that cover was crap. What the hell is wolvie doing? Clanging his claws together to produce a laser beam? And what's the streak behind his head going off to the left? Walt's done much better than this.

38 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

I'm with you. Always thought that cover was crap. What the hell is wolvie doing? Clanging his claws together to produce a laser beam? And what's the streak behind his head going off to the left? Walt's done much better than this.

All I see are the giant fins on his head 

I am agog! I am aghast! I DEMAND SATISFACTION!

It's specifically the big head fins AND that cool light effect coming off of the claws that I love so much!

YOU'VE MADE A POWERFUL ENEMY TODAY!

Phil's parking lot, etc.

1 hour ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
2 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

All I see are the giant fins on his head 

It was the era of excess. See McFarlane's ridiculous webbing on ASM 

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

I am agog! I am aghast! I DEMAND SATISFACTION!

It's specifically the big head fins AND that cool light effect coming off of the claws that I love so much!

YOU'VE MADE A POWERFUL ENEMY TODAY!

Phil's parking lot, etc.

I can’t imagine how big those fins looked when blown up to poster size :baiting:

2 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I can’t imagine how big those fins looked when blown up to poster size :baiting:

Righteous. They looked RIGHTEOUS!

3 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Devo is definitely an effective bribe when trying to get back into my good graces.

9 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Maybe MCP 1 is selling because people FINALLY realize it has an awesome Simonson cover? I had a promo poster of that cover as a kid, hang on my wall for many years. Love Uncle Walt!

I think it is the first appearance of Madripoor and Patch that is driving it.  I read an article on yahoo mentioning the reintroduction of Wolverine into the MCU along with specifically those two things and I thought right away about that book.

17 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Looks like Walt was influenced by Bill.:insane: At least for the shark fins.

20210417_082241.jpg

Edited by mr_highgrade

11 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

Looks like Walt was influenced by Bill.:insane: At least for the shark fins.

20210417_082241.jpg

Do his teeth regenerate? Because otherwise, picking at his enamel with the sharp point of an adamantium claw is going to leave Wolvie needing dentures. (I know he once regenerated from a single drop of blood, but I just can't accept that as canon.)