• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,769 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

344 First Kletus

345 Kletus becomes infected by the symbiote

359 One glob of red symbiote goo

360 Half Carnage face

Thanks. And guys, can we at least agree that the Carnage appearances prior to 361 fit the generally accepted definitions of a Cameo within our hobby, far more than ASM 299 does?

57 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Thanks. And guys, can we at least agree that the Carnage appearances prior to 361 fit the generally accepted definitions of a Cameo within our hobby, far more than ASM 299 does?

No, even ignoring the misuse of "cameo" for first appearances. It's still "brief and "full" appearance, not "partial" and "full" appearance.

Their early appearances aren't identical, but the biggest difference between Venom and Carnage is that Eddie Brock didn't appear before Venom.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Cool cover.  That's a high price but everybody is probably assuming Lobo is coming to the DCEU.

Having said that, Omega Men #3 CGC 9.8 is very under priced/appreciated.

***I'll continue to think that until it starts moving above $500

2 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Cool cover.  That's a high price but everybody is probably assuming Lobo is coming to the DCEU.

That is nonsensical. Not even a newsstand 

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

Was this the first "new look" lobo? But seriously, there are tons of these. If this is $250 then 64 in 9.8 should be $1000? 

26 minutes ago, the blob said:

I didn't say it made sense.  But there are lots of things in the current market that is nonsensical.  Not everybody views $$$ the same way.

***I like the passion collectors are exuding:applause:

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I didn't say it made sense.  But there are lots of things in the current market that is nonsensical.  Not everybody views $$$ the same way.

***I like the passion collectors are exuding:applause:

I just don't get it. X-Men 244, 282, common as dirt books, but at least they were the 1st apps of the character. Lobo 1 is like the 143rd appearance of Lobo. This is not even the first "new look" Lobo, he started looking like a biker monster before then (some of his legion appearances had him pretty skinny, but there was a superman 1989 one shot with him where he is huge). But I suppose Gambit 1 is $150-180 in 9.8. 1st solo I guess. I just feel like 1st solo years after an introduction just doesn't mean that much. 

15 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

No way are any Image books cooper.  I’d say the modern age starts with the creation of Image at the latest.

Modern Age starts November 18, 1992 at about noon. To say late 90s books are "Copper Age" books is ludicrous. They're not Modern Age anymore either - there needs to be a a new term, but they're not Copper.

8 hours ago, the blob said:

Was this the first "new look" lobo? But seriously, there are tons of these. If this is $250 then 64 in 9.8 should be $1000? 

No. There was a backup story in some issue of Omega Men; 37, maybe? But he appeared a bunch of times between that and Lobo #1. Probably what put him on the map was Justice League International 18 & 19 (the first appearance after Omega Men), which are still probably far cheaper than they should be, and then a bunch of issues of L.E.G.I.O.N.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=justice+league+international+18&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=11102&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&_fosrp=1

13 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Modern Age starts November 18, 1992 at about noon. To say late 90s books are "Copper Age" books is ludicrous. They're not Modern Age anymore either - there needs to be a a new term, but they're not Copper.

I think that all depends on what you think defines the Copper Age. I think I had a pretty good argument for extending it into the late '90s.

15 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Tin?

11 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I'm with you... this book has been dormant for way too long.  Got a little bit of action when Danny Trejo was rumored to be in talks for the role in a movie (which would be perfect casting IMO), but other than that it just stagnates.  I think maybe Lobo is too much of a niche favorite to really accelerate like some of the other non-A listers that have taken off.

Someone here once suggested that we should just start referring to comic ages by the decades in which they were produced. For me that makes sense. When I hear "70s comics" I can immediately picture what that is, what it looks like, how it feels, etc. Same for any decade through the 90s at least. I pretty much stopped buying new comics in the very early 2000s. 

Edited by Jeffro.

6 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
21 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

I think that all depends on what you think defines the Copper Age. I think I had a pretty good argument for extending it into the late '90s.

Can you please repeat that argument because I can't imagine such a concept lol