• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, the blob said:

Seriously? He is on the cover of #3. Yeah, I know, in the 80s or 90s they used to pimp this book as meaning something, which is why I bought like 15 of them, but this distinction probably doesn't mean much to folks nowadays. Afterall, the first Venom solo story is worthless. of course, marvel messed up and didn't even reference it on the cover of the book!! you have to look inside to know it. and cgc does not reference it either. 

They were $.75 each.  If Lobo blows up, I’ll happily blow them out for $10 a pop 

If not, they’ll make good kindling next winter 

10 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

They were $.75 each.  If Lobo blows up, I’ll happily blow them out for $10 a pop 

If not, they’ll make good kindling next winter 

This was a steal: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274679448932?hash=item3ff42bc564:g:-V8AAOSwqHNgJKHO

But yeah, $10-15 sound right for a high water mark, assuming the whole market hasn't died before then. I thought it was the 2d app and hunted it down, but he is in 5 and 9 also, so it is the 4th... (despite most of the people on ebay claiming 2d)

Edited by the blob

9 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Modern Age starts November 18, 1992 at about noon. To say late 90s books are "Copper Age" books is ludicrous. They're not Modern Age anymore either - there needs to be a a new term, but they're not Copper.

Zinc? (shrug)

22 hours ago, the blob said:

Seriously? He is on the cover of #3. Yeah, I know, in the 80s or 90s they used to pimp this book as meaning something, which is why I bought like 15 of them, but this distinction probably doesn't mean much to folks nowadays. Afterall, the first Venom solo story is worthless. of course, marvel messed up and didn't even reference it on the cover of the book!! you have to look inside to know it. and cgc does not reference it either. 

At the moment…

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

At the moment…

BUY THEM ALL!!!!!

It is because it is nowhere on the cover and there are like 4 other books people claim is the first solo story in their listings, so folks are confused. The question is whether a backup story "counts" as much as a Marvel Spotlight 28, for example, where it is the whole comic (I think)

It isn't anyone cares about the 1st Falcon solo story or the 1st Hawkeye solo story (although, arguably, it isn't, as it is a team-up)

25 minutes ago, the blob said:

Is the backup in Logan's run the 1st Thanos solo story or the 1st Drax solo story or both?

Solo Thanos.. if I remember drax might have even been in there, but solo Thanos for certain 

Edited by littledoom

11 hours ago, Bludriver said:

This was mentioned in another thread but Wolverine (1988) has skyrocketed over the past 2 months. It has nearly tripled in price as a 9.8 is now going for over $800. Even a 9.0 just sold for $140.

Not enough. Wait until he introduces himself as patch in the trailer. 

5 hours ago, paperheart said:
6 hours ago, ninanina said:

Here's one I don't believe has been mentioned. Mine's got a tick on the spine...but I'll settle for a 9.6 anytime.

(1999) INHUMANS VOL 2 #5 1st Yelena Belova The New BLACK WIDOW! CGC 9.8 WP! | eBay

discussed in the modern thread

Where it should be. :makepoint:

@THE_BEYONDER