• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,810 posts in this topic

My Copper hoard (though not as big as others [that's what she said]) is starting to pay off.

Omega Men 3

Uncanny X-Men 221

now ASM 265

Next we need an Omega Red announcement...

Modern :makepoint:

'92... :juggle:

Yup (shrug)

24 years ago can't be "Modern". Since the Golden Age, there has never been an age of comics that lasted 24 years. lol

The ages actually got shorter:

Golden Age 1938-1956 (18 years)

Silver Age 1956-1970ish (14 years)

Bronze Age 1970ish-1982ish (12 years)

Copper Age 1982ish-1991? (9 years?)

Modern Age 1992?-2016 (24 years?)

well when did people name the 'copper age'?

I don't know when that started, but I'd like to see it end. lol

Golden, Silver, Bronze... ok, those are Olympic medals, but whatever.

After Bronze Age we should use:

1980s comics

1990s comics

2000s comics

2010s comics

No one argues when those "ages" start and end... so problem solved. :sumo:

Unless people just like to argue, in which case... (tsk)

This board only has "Copper" and "Modern" for about 34 years of books.

But even 1990s comics up to 1999 were 17 years ago... they probably aren't really "Modern" either.

I'm not saying the Copper Age goes up to 1999, but I am saying the "1990s comics" Age does. ;)

The period between Copper Age and Modern Age, specifically the 1990's, should be called The Chromium Age

I prefer Pyrite (fool's gold) Age.

There was a show planned, but it was cancelled.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/tnt-titans-dc-comics-series-dead-cancelled-1201674366/

I don't think they ever got as far as even saying who would be on the show.

Your right it did get cancelled, but I read it was back in development this last year.

The Judas Contract is a classic Wolfman/Perez story. Terra is one messed up chick.

The more I read that the more I think its might be the classic 80s story from DC. I used to think the Darkness Saga was better, but the knife in the back from this story is just better.

My brother and I were dying for the next issue when it was out. We were both X-men fans, but man Wolfman and Perez could tell a story.

The Judas Contract is a classic Wolfman/Perez story. Terra is one messed up chick.

The more I read that the more I think its might be the classic 80s story from DC. I used to think the Darkness Saga was better, but the knife in the back from this story is just better.

My brother and I were dying for the next issue when it was out. We were both X-men fans, but man Wolfman and Perez could tell a story.

:headbang:

Speculation on an animated movie straight to DVD?

:facepalm:

Speculation based on a TV show. Speculation based on a movie. Speculation because some stranger on a chat board hints a character is going to be 'the next big thing'. There is no limit to influences on speculation.

It takes all kinds.

I am just looking at the price points and the book is moving. Which is what this thread is about.

I noticed the Raven book from the limited series done blowed up. Earlier this year I couldn't move my 9.8 at $50 without some patience and it was a perfectly-centered newsstand. Now this. :frustrated:

Definitely agree on Judas Contract and Terra's significance in the TT books warranting more attention. I re-read this recently in the Omnibus and it's truly one of my favorite Copper storylines. Fantastic plotting and drama.

Speculation on an animated movie straight to DVD?

:facepalm:

Speculation based on a TV show. Speculation based on a movie. Speculation because some stranger on a chat board hints a character is going to be 'the next big thing'. There is no limit to influences on speculation.

It takes all kinds.

I am just looking at the price points and the book is moving. Which is what this thread is about.

I'm not judging anyone. I'm just responding to ygogolak's disgust that someone would speculate on an animated movie which went direct to video. Like that makes a difference.

Terra was an early contributor to the New Teen Titans lore. Her 1st appearance would be a semi-key based on that. I'm not sured it is getting attention.

I noticed the Raven book from the limited series done blowed up. Earlier this year I couldn't move my 9.8 at $50 without some patience and it was a perfectly-centered newsstand. Now this. :frustrated:

Definitely agree on Judas Contract and Terra's significance in the TT books warranting more attention. I re-read this recently in the Omnibus and it's truly one of my favorite Copper storylines. Fantastic plotting and drama.

Wow that is amazing. Is it just her or do the other solo series up that high? Or does she have her origin in that solo I cant remember.

I just about fell out my chair reading the epilogue in NTT 34.

My Copper hoard (though not as big as others [that's what she said]) is starting to pay off.

Omega Men 3

Uncanny X-Men 221

now ASM 265

Next we need an Omega Red announcement...

Modern :makepoint:

'92... :juggle:

Yup (shrug)

24 years ago can't be "Modern". Since the Golden Age, there has never been an age of comics that lasted 24 years. lol

The ages actually got shorter:

Golden Age 1938-1956 (18 years)

Silver Age 1956-1970ish (14 years)

Bronze Age 1970ish-1982ish (12 years)

Copper Age 1982ish-1991? (9 years?)

Modern Age 1992?-2016 (24 years?)

well when did people name the 'copper age'?

I don't know when that started, but I'd like to see it end. lol

Golden, Silver, Bronze... ok, those are Olympic medals, but whatever.

After Bronze Age we should use:

1980s comics

1990s comics

2000s comics

2010s comics

No one argues when those "ages" start and end... so problem solved. :sumo:

Unless people just like to argue, in which case... (tsk)

This board only has "Copper" and "Modern" for about 34 years of books.

But even 1990s comics up to 1999 were 17 years ago... they probably aren't really "Modern" either.

I'm not saying the Copper Age goes up to 1999, but I am saying the "1990s comics" Age does. ;)

The period between Copper Age and Modern Age, specifically the 1990's, should be called The Chromium Age

I agree, but only if this current era is eventually called the Variant Age.

1st appearance of Terra in NTT is starting to move up. I guess from TV show coming, but unsure when.

I'd like to see that, but I don't . . . hm

Again, aside from 40 sales over 90 days, i don't see any "price points". lol

I'm not seeing it either. And with the Cyborg origin story (Tales of the New Teen Titans #1), it jumps around a little right now.

Tales of the New Teen Titans #1 CGC

Though there have been some sales recently in the $100 (+) range for a book you could have picked up last year for less than a dollar.

Its been a $1 book for years. Higher grade copies are doing better in slabs and even in raw in higher grade. Its not fast by any means, but it is moving higher.

I pick it up and 1st Blackfire whenever I can for $1 in high grade. I don't think you can lose on either in high grade.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I've loved the first fifty-something issues of The New Teen Titans/Tales of the Teen Titans since they came out. So it is great to see them getting more attention.

:whee: