• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,778 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, lightninglad said:

Condition is everything   :bigsmile:

That condition is pretty good, atleast a NM-.

Regardless, most of the Xmen 266 sold the last 3 days range from 50-60s... including this NM+ which sold for 68

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNCANNY-X-MEN-266-VERY-HIGH-GRADE-/322542806997?hash=item4b190ca7d5:g:j-kAAOSwYvFZNGpA

Edited by Wolverinex

52 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

That condition is pretty good, atleast a NM-.

Regardless, most of the Xmen 266 sold the last 3 days range from 50-60s... including this NM+ which sold for 68

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNCANNY-X-MEN-266-VERY-HIGH-GRADE-/322542806997?hash=item4b190ca7d5:g:j-kAAOSwYvFZNGpA

That book is Fine- at most.. Bottom staple is loose/tearing cover

Regardless, I don't see X 266 breaking past 100 consistently the past few weeks.  The only reason is I've had my eye on this issue very closely the last few months and they seem to be dropping in price IMO. 

Who knows, maybe it's breaking 100 on some other websites I haven't checked.(shrug)

Edited by Wolverinex

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Regardless, I don't see X 266 breaking past 100 consistently the past few weeks.  The only reason is I've had my eye on this issue very closely the last few months and they seem to be dropping in price IMO. 

Who knows, maybe it's breaking 100 on some other websites I haven't checked.(shrug)

I believe the term "getting close" was used. Case in point:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Uncanny-X-Men-266-NM-9-4-white-pages-/282514152356?hash=item41c727dba4:g:rgQAAOSwxu5ZOCxw

None of those books look "high grade" to me, so I'm not surprised they didn't go for that much. Just because someone on eBay calls it a 9.6 does not make it so. Even with the poor scans / pics, I can see enough defects that would make me not buy them.

6 hours ago, Logan510 said:

None of those books look "high grade" to me, so I'm not surprised they didn't go for that much. Just because someone on eBay calls it a 9.6 does not make it so. Even with the poor scans / pics, I can see enough defects that would make me not buy them.

Well that's subjective, I think they are high grade. Going through the last few MONTHS sales on ebay,  X266  value seems relatively stable.  Nothing is objectively showing me that the book is getting hot. 

I'm done arguing about this anymore because it seems like a lot of people are set on the idea that it already is.   I still stand behind my opinion and it's not changing unless I see a lot of higher sales.

Edited by Wolverinex

UXM 266 has been an steady seller in 8.0 - 9.2 at $120-150 raw the past year to two at conventions up here. All of my slabbed 9.6s sold for $200 - $250 the past year as well. 

Well that's subjective, I think they are high grade. Going through the last few MONTHS sales on ebay,  X266  value seems relatively stable.  Nothing is objectively showing me that the book is getting hot. 

I'm done arguing about this anymore because it seems like a lot of people are set on the idea that it already is.   I still stand behind my opinion and it's not changing unless I see a lot of higher sales.

What's your eBay ID? If those are your idea of HG I want to make sure I don't buy from you.

On 6/11/2017 at 6:01 PM, ygogolak said:
On 6/11/2017 at 4:31 PM, fastballspecial said:

Some books I am seeing moving well currently. No real surprises overall, but some books are really starting to move.

ASM 316 - This book is on fire passing $50 raw easily now in high grade.

X-Men 266 getting close $100 raw now surprised to see it going this high.

Marvel Age 82 - All over the place, but is selling well with high sales at around $30

ASM 344 - A once $15 book is now approaching $30-40 in NM+ raw

Wolverine 88 - Finally this book is seeing some attention. Couple of sales over $20 raw now.

Macross 1 - 1st Robotech - $20-40 in high grade.

Superman Annual 11 - I don't get this book, but others do it sells easily for $50 raw in NM.

Silver Surfer 44 and 45 still pulling $15-20 an issue.

Nice list. I noticed that ASM 316 jumping too. Been on the lookout for NM copies but they are hard to come by for anything less than $30. Guess even that's a good deal now.

?? What's going on with ASM 316? Why the demand?

47 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

?? What's going on with ASM 316? Why the demand?

1st Venom Cover?  It's got that classic McFarlane cover going for it and with the dark cover it's toughish in high grade

Yeah, it's the first Venom cover (well, I guess he's technically on 315 too).   But 316 is THE Venom cover.  It's always been a great cover and one of the most memorable of Todd's Spidey run.  

11 hours ago, Logan510 said:

The first two have poor pictures, but all three look to be high grade. They may not be high enough grade for you, but only the first one looks like it may fall out of the high grade range (upon a much better viewing).

But the one he posted before these three, with the torn bottom staple area (and much more)... :eek: Then again, that piece of junk sold for almost $50, which definitely says "heating up" to me.

37 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Yeah, it's the first Venom cover (well, I guess he's technically on 315 too).   But 316 is THE Venom cover.  It's always been a great cover and one of the most memorable of Todd's Spidey run.  

Venom may be on the cover of 315, but it's certainly not a "Venom cover."

33 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

The first two have poor pictures, but all three look to be high grade. They may not be high enough grade for you, but only the first one looks like it may fall out of the high grade range (upon a much better viewing).

But the one he posted before these three, with the torn bottom staple area (and much more)... :eek: Then again, that piece of junk sold for almost $50, which definitely says "heating up" to me.

What would you grade them at?