• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

So what's the consensus on New Mutants 87? Looks like they're steadily going for ~$550 now on eBayhttps://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=new+mutants+87&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=55038-2203&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1

Will it continue to rise or level off soon? Thoughts?

Level off is my vote.  I'd think the large supply will keep the book around the $500 - $550 mark for a bit and may go down if he stinks in Deadpool 2.

Spot on, FBS. I couldn't get rid of my BA 12 fast enough once I saw the (unfortunate) Suicide Squad trailer. Too late. I could've had an extra $200-300 had I sold it a month before. It's hard to let go of a book when everyone seems to want it and you feel like you're holding onto something special, but that's part of the discipline. Very few can time the market perfectly, but you really don't want to get stuck holding the book when the music stops.

20 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Spot on, FBS. I couldn't get rid of my BA 12 fast enough once I saw the (unfortunate) Suicide Squad trailer. Too late. I could've had an extra $200-300 had I sold it a month before. It's hard to let go of a book when everyone seems to want it and you feel like you're holding onto something special, but that's part of the discipline. Very few can time the market perfectly, but you really don't want to get stuck holding the book when the music stops.

I't so ephemeral :grin:

32 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Yeah its a sucky feeling, but I try to not to reach that level anymore. Its almost a form of mental gambling. I just as soon take the money and put it somewhere else. Those wild investment swings should make many of us re-think how we collect, buy and sell. Anymore I just take the money and run and buy something else or put it somewhere else. 

What's even worse is when you cant convince a collector to part with a book when its at the top of the market. Letting go is tough, but you can't take them with you and you sure don't want to burden your family with them either.

3 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

That seller has some nice books ending today. Wolverine Nabisco, Wolverine #41 2nd print (only 28 9.8s)

Then there is this guy::whatthe:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Universe-1-CGC-9-6-Convention-Variant-Highest-Graded-1-of-1-/282340113773?hash=item41bcc83d6d:g:9ggAAOSwt5hYiuVX

24 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Maybe that's it. My search was for completed, not just sold, showing no sales for quite some time, then 6 sales all on one day (yesterday). May be an anomaly, will have to keep an eye on...

Just now, iggy said:

Maybe that's it. My search was for completed, not just sold, showing no sales for quite some time, then 6 sales all on one day (yesterday). May be an anomaly, will have to keep an eye on...

When the first announced the Lucifer show and Maze being on it, the book was a bit of a sleeper and was selling for $25-$40.

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

When the first announced the Lucifer show and Maze being on it, the book was a bit of a sleeper and was selling for $25-$40.

Maybe one person bought all 6 yesterday. I wonder if there is a sig opportunity coming up someone's prepping for...

8 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

Yes, there have been multiple threads about that book here on the boards.

But that price is going to have to jump a lot in the next few hours to belong in this thread.

3 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Yes, there have been multiple threads about that book here on the boards.

But that price is going to have to jump a lot in the next few hours to belong in this thread.

I don't remember seeing that book. Only one I remember is 41 2nd print. And it didn't really jump, it leaped. (: