• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Why should you bother showing US anything?

You got a mouse in your pocket? 

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Why should you bother showing US anything?

I think we know why he wouldn't.  He's been called on the carpet time and time again about his mediocre grading in raw listings. 

On 11/9/2017 at 8:19 AM, ygogolak said:

Well, the dude does have quite a few negs (10) and neutrals (3) in the last year . . . :whistle:

On 11/6/2017 at 4:43 PM, 1Cool said:

Your buyers are insane.  Even if the book comes back 9.8 they would lose money on the deal in most cases.  I’d love to see how many you sell each month but with 10 accounts it would be too much trouble to figure it out.

You are under the assumption that the buyers of his raw books bought them with the intention of getting them graded. Perhaps they just want super high grade raw copies. Perhaps they are willing to pay a premium for super high grade raw because they don't want to waste time combing through ebay listings looking for a raw copy that is listed as NM but could be under-graded. 

So a lot of Marvel Age books are starting to see some appreciation, but one book I have never understood why it not worth more and that's Marvel Age 12. Its slowly gotten to $20 in decent grade lately, but I think its way undervalued when you look at all the other Black symbiote books in high grade. 

I pick this book up every time I see it VF or better for under $10.00. There are several other copies that sell well in high grade, but this is the one that I think has more potential then others excluding the Stan Lee covers.

On 11/9/2017 at 11:24 AM, manetteska said:

So even using the after-selling-determine-purchase-price math, the remaining items cost $0, not "less than zero", right?

Yes. Math is hard.

On 11/11/2017 at 7:54 PM, darkstar said:

You are under the assumption that the buyers of his raw books bought them with the intention of getting them graded. Perhaps they just want super high grade raw copies. Perhaps they are willing to pay a premium for super high grade raw because they don't want to waste time combing through ebay listings looking for a raw copy that is listed as NM but could be under-graded. 

This. As you all have experienced the frustration of buying on eBay.

9 hours ago, divad said:

Coppers continue to rule the marketplace . . . why is this thread so dead? (Zed's dead, baby, Zed's dead.) :grin:

Copper books sell but I would not call anything heating up or blazing hot right now.  Morbius seems to be heating up but I don't have much of his copper age books up for sale so I don't know if it's leaking over or not.  New Mutants continue to sell but nothing crazy out of the ordinary.  

12 hours ago, divad said:

Coppers continue to rule the marketplace . . . why is this thread so dead? (Zed's dead, baby, Zed's dead.) :grin:

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Copper books sell but I would not call anything heating up or blazing hot right now.  Morbius seems to be heating up but I don't have much of his copper age books up for sale so I don't know if it's leaking over or not.  New Mutants continue to sell but nothing crazy out of the ordinary.  

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

New Mutants #16 is selling again because of the Gifted show. Not high prices, but it is moving.

Of course, I don't disagree with either of you  . . . but from the perspective of CA books being more or less the "death of the industry" or the comic book equivalent of "the Great Recession": books that weren't worth the paper they were printed on, and long boxes selling for $10-$15 box (if that) in the nineties, I think that sales at 50 to 100 times cover price qualifies as "heating up". :grin: Sometimes we forget that they are comic books, and that the vast number of back-issue sales are within the $10 to $40 "disposable income" range.  These are the sales which gear the back-issue marketplace, and arguably need to be discussed in this thread - Not just the ultra-elites.  Most times, those books merit a thread of their own. :)

22 minutes ago, divad said:

Of course, I don't disagree with either of you  . . . but from the perspective of CA books being more or less the "death of the industry" or the comic book equivalent of "the Great Recession": books that weren't worth the paper they were printed on, and long boxes selling for $10-$15 box (if that) in the nineties, I think that sales at 50 to 100 times cover price qualifies as "heating up". :grin: Sometimes we forget that they are comic books, and that the vast number of back-issue sales are within the $10 to $40 "disposable income" range.  These are the sales which gear the back-issue marketplace, and arguably need to be discussed in this thread - Not just the ultra-elites.  Most times, those books merit a thread of their own. :)

I do think Copper is doing quite well but if a book needs to be a 9.6 / 9.8 copy to warrant above $5 offers then we have to look at stuff a little closer.  I consider a book hot if there is active demand for a book and I'm not sure it makes sense discussing a book that takes a year to sell and only in high grades.

26 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I do think Copper is doing quite well but if a book needs to be a 9.6 / 9.8 copy to warrant above $5 offers then we have to look at stuff a little closer.  I consider a book hot if there is active demand for a book and I'm not sure it makes sense discussing a book that takes a year to sell and only in high grades.

And yet, most here only consider the slabbed 9.8 value as valid.:whistle:

29 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I'm not sure it makes sense discussing a book that takes a year to sell and only in high grades.

Of course, but it doesn't invalidate the sale - that's only my sales model (and as far as I know . . . I'm not going anywhere soon.) :grin: