• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,772 posts in this topic

getting this somewhat back on track, here's an ebay NM (looks 9.0 or so?) that ended at $355. someone asked about the map, you can see pics of it in the listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Nintendo-Power-magazine-1-first-issue-Near-Mint-with-Zelda-poster-NES-NR-/300836831164?pt=Magazines&hash=item460b45bfbc&nma=true&si=3RQqJC%2BnwdUzXCXG9ToIhlOfKPc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

v for vendetta nm raw sets for about $100

I have to say, I like the direction of the market. quality books seem to be getting respectable prices. many of the books I liked as a kid but were never worth much seem to be being recognized a little. Its nice to see people paying for quality.

^ yes that's correct, there is a zelda map included.

This thread was just started a couple days ago, so its far from complete or entirely accurate yet, and may take a long time to sort out, but for those interested, a list of the various inserts etc on the NP issues is underway here:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=92951

Warning: I'm a moderator on that website so I can ban your azzes from the site if any of you get out of line. :insane: This means you fingh :baiting:

Love Nintendo Power and I searched awhile to find high grade copies of my magazines! (worship)

Yes it was. 2nd best sports title on the NES (baseball stars #1)

Baseball Stars - Create and name your own player, team, create a league, kept track of stats....

That game was way ahead of its time.

That does it. This weekend the NES is getting hooked up again.

I need a new 72 pin connector in mine. :facepalm:

do yourself a favor and buy a "toploader" off ebay modded to have AV output and buy a powerpak off of retrousb.com . You'll never have to repair a dang thing again and with all the games on one cartridge you'll never even have to change the cartridge in your machine ever again.

- I made a killing on top loaders back in the day. It's the only way to fly if you're playing.

- M.U.L.E. was the greatest game ever (once I dumped the commodore 64.)

- I will beat Tyson before I die.

- I skipped the dry humping and went in for the kill. Worked on occasion.

- Spiderman 300 still commands big prices raw, despite most copies having chewed up corners and spines.

Trending books in the Copper age according to Lyria Market :

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 3rd print

Sonic the Hedgehog #1

DC Presents #26

Wolverine #1 Unlimited Series (not limited)

:grin:

I've noticed that lately with DC Comics Presents 26 and Wolverine 1.

I always thought DC Comics Presents #26 was a good comic to own, glad to see it's day has finally come. The Wolverine #1 Unlimited version baffles me because I thought there were hundreds of thousands of copies out there.

All these posts made me think a book had blown up over the past 48 hours.

Nintendo nostalgia fever took over. Sorry, dudes.

Is it too late? This was my fuel for controller smashing.

532E6128-190D-4562-BBBF-5188A68C71BD-2436-000001E2E375C4B3.jpg

Trending books in the Copper age according to Lyria Market :

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 3rd print

Sonic the Hedgehog #1

DC Presents #26

Wolverine #1 Unlimited Series (not limited)

:grin:

Re the mini sonic 1 (1st sonic). I read this description just now on ebay. Anybody know if the 1000 copies # thrown around below is true?

I own the preliminary artwork for the cover btw hm

-----------

Sonic The Hedgehog #1 Mini Comic

Sega, Fall 1991.

Estimated 1,000 copies exist

• Beautiful Condition - Never opened or Read

Written and drawn by Francis Mao, this comic was produced by Sega as a promo copy, issued in Canada and the USA, to publicize the release of the Sonic the Hedgehog game for the Sega Genesis in 1991.

The comic introduces a number of the now familiar characters and acts as background to the game with the reader being encouraged to "...play Sonic the Hedgehog and live the adventure !!".

It is not clear exactly how many copies were produced but it is expected that not many would have survived as the distribution was aimed at the video game market rather than the comic market (hence many may have ended up in the trash). However, a few have been collected and their value is on the up, with a notable increase in interest in 2011 to coincide with the 20th Anniversary of the Sega Genesis Release of Sonic the Hedgehog.

In 2011 (the year of the anniversary) only a single copy of this comic was registered in the CGC registry. Raw and PGX graded copies do appear on auction sites such as eBay but, with only a handful of realized sales in the last couple of years, it is difficult to calculate an exact guide price. The most recent sales, both in June 2011, included a mid-grade raw copy which went for $108 and a PGX 9.2 (NM-) graded copy which went for $360. Given the rarity of this comic, if a high grade CGC copy came to market, it could well make close to $1,000.

Whilst there would have been a large print run for these, it is likely that they are pretty rare now given the audience wasn't the comic market.

Posted with eBay Mobile

looks like boardie eccomic sold a 9.8 for $850... tough to think of too many 90s comics worth more! :o

I'll post the prelim artwork for the cover later. Another boardie owns the published cover.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonic-the-Hedgehog-1-CGC-9-8-Highest-Graded-1st-App-1991-Sega-Mini-Comic-RARE-/140883833826?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20cd54b3e2