• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,772 posts in this topic

I'm happy to hear that any of the Sandman books have appreciated in value. Having bought the series off the rack starting with issue 6, I had hoped the run I was building would ultimately be a sought-after title down the road as it gained more acclaim over the years.  My hopes diminished over time, though, as I realized the collected volumes were staying in almost constant print at a time when not many contemporary stories got reprinted (before the TPB boom of the last decade -- modern readers have no idea how good they have it with the constant flood of new and old TPB's coming out). I figured no one would be interested in buying the originals when there was always a new and improved edition being featured on the shelves of the local B&N. Not that I'm planning on breaking up my run or selling it, just nice to know that some of the issues have broken out and maybe there's still some interest in those floppy copies. Probably should get them out of those old polybags now :tonofbricks:

21 hours ago, divad said:

This.  Like all post 1980 books, you just have to do the work. :grin:

B02XUu.jpg

Is that a bindery tear at the bottom of the spine? I hated a lot of the Vertigo books for that when I was chasing 9.8s - it is a common flaw on a lot of them.

On 8/20/2017 at 8:53 AM, mschmidt said:

There's nothing particular hard about finding this book in high grade.

That was sarcasm. The statements at the end there being boilerplate and puffery that is used by resellers to prop up books that actually have no substantial reason to see any demand on the secondary market.

3 hours ago, kimik said:

Is that a bindery tear at the bottom of the spine? I hated a lot of the Vertigo books for that when I was chasing 9.8s - it is a common flaw on a lot of them.

it's a common flaw on every book  

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

My understanding is that CGC does not downgrade for bindery tears. 

-J.

It is hit and miss and depends on the size of the bindery tear. It seems like they are more consistently strict with them on 100 Pagers.

On 8/22/2017 at 11:16 PM, kimik said:

It is hit and miss and depends on the size of the bindery tear. It seems like they are more consistently strict with them on 100 Pagers.

Precisely so. Much like miscuts, they don't downgrade for them...until they do. Have to hope you come up on the right side of the coin toss.

3 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Hellboy Seed of Destruction #1 is now a solid 220.00 book 

Since I sold a set two weeks ago at a show for $50, I immediately ran to eBay and then remembered................ 9.8 only. 

1 minute ago, darkstar said:

The first two Seed books are stupidly undervalued raw.

There aren't a whole lot of books in the last 20 years that I haven't owned plenty of, but I've had that set exactly once. Surprisingly, took me about half a dozen shows to sell it, but when it did, there was no discount asked for. The guy seemed thrilled!