• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, mysterio said:

Yeah, the CGC label claims Annual #6 as his first appearance but it is just a pinup in the back of the book. It's an early pinup of X-Force pre #99-100, so that may have some value to some. At this point I don't care too much between the Annual #6/#99 debate except for the fact that I had two copies of the former to sell. lol

It is probably a "cameo/first full" debate, yet again, but to my mind a pinup is pretty weak as it is non-story. YMMV.

Why isn't Marvel Age #82 the first Cable by those standards?

Weak...

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Weak...

It does sell for a premium around the other issues. Again, its a curiosity, but does have a little bounce.

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Weak...

4 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

It does sell for a premium around the other issues. Again, its a curiosity, but does have a little bounce.

Oh yea, I've done well with it. But would do better with the couple I have left if it was more recognized. :grin:

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:45 PM, the blob said:

press those babies!

That won't usually work.  It's like the pages were held improperly when the book was stapled.  Like it was twisted somehow.  I have over 100 unread overstock copies and none of them are 9.8.  Obviously flat ones do exist, it's just not as easy as you would think.  Couple that will sloshing in cheap boxes for years and it's even worse.  Paper stock stinks too. 

There are so few in the census that I would not hesitate to send candidates to CGC for 9.8 pre-screening.  The Unity storyline will always hold some nostalgia for a certain age group.  I can't envision not being able to sell a 9.8 well into the black all this year, regardless of the doings in the Valiant world. 

1 hour ago, blazingbob said:

Ahhh,  when you see 1Cool putting X-Men #143 in his buying list you know a new movie book has been announced.  And the rush is on to buy all of them off my website.  

Come on Bob - why did you cancel my $15 copy?

Just now, blazingbob said:

Because I didn't have it in inventory.  

Oh well - thanks for accepting my offer (or meeting me in the middle) for the three copies I grabbed.  The new Kitty Pryde movie may be based on this story so it's just me grabbing a few fairly priced high grade copies just in case it blows up.  I did see a few graded copies got grabbed over the last couple days before I heard about it so it's not just me who is on the hunt.

I'm seeing a lot of action on New Mutants 100 which usually means X-Force movie news has broke or is in the works.  To be fair I've got 75 copies right now and I'm selling them for $10 - $12 a piece so maybe I'm just the cheapest price in town.

Edited by 1Cool

2 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Ahhh,  when you see 1Cool putting X-Men #143 in his buying list you know a new movie book has been announced.  And the rush is on to buy all of them off my website.  

:roflmao:

24 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I'm seeing a lot of action on New Mutants 100 which usually means X-Force movie news has broke or is in the works.  To be fair I've got 75 copies right now and I'm selling them for $10 - $12 a piece so maybe I'm just the cheapest price in town.

#99 is where it's at :baiting:

30 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

:roflmao:

#99 is where it's at :baiting:

99 seems a lot tougher to find.  I've got a couple graded copies of 99 but it would be really great if #100 goes crazy.

1 hour ago, blazingbob said:

Because I didn't have it in inventory.  

Did you take down all your X-Men 143s?  Went back to maybe grab another copy and they were all gone :cry:

Wow - the rush is on!  9.8s use to sit over $100 and now $120 - $130 copies are selling.  My odds of getting a 9.8 without subbing copies is looking slim.

46 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Oh well - thanks for accepting my offer (or meeting me in the middle) for the three copies I grabbed.  The new Kitty Pryde movie may be based on this story so it's just me grabbing a few fairly priced high grade copies just in case it blows up.  I did see a few graded copies got grabbed over the last couple days before I heard about it so it's not just me who is on the hunt.

Can Kitty weave 'er way around an alien for two hours? 'Tsa journey for sure.

1 minute ago, Plantman said:

Can Kitty weave 'er way around an alien for two hours? 'Tsa journey for sure.

They have made Alien movies about less.  I'd definitely watch an Aliens meet X-Men movie.

On 2/10/2018 at 7:56 AM, ygogolak said:

Weak...

The difference I see is that Marvel Age is editorial content, and the Wolverine scenario is marketing (advertising) content, whereas a pinup or a cover (without an appearance as part of a story) is still creative content. I do agree a pinup is rather weak, but when the whole Gwenpool situation popped up I had to ask myself why Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars *felt* like it's the right book, and that's the distinction that fits my gut on the books that are important.

10 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The difference I see is that Marvel Age is editorial content, and the Wolverine scenario is marketing (advertising) content, whereas a pinup or a cover (without an appearance as part of a story) is still creative content. I do agree a pinup is rather weak, but when the whole Gwenpool situation popped up I had to ask myself why Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars *felt* like it's the right book, and that's the distinction that fits my gut on the books that are important.

Marvel Age #82 is a pinup of Cable. Same idea as NM Annual.