• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,785 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, comicartfan said:

I just sold an ASM 301 9.8 on eBay for $2200....seems to be a new GPA by $300 - I can't see this book sustaining these prices, but weirder things have happened.

But did you get paid?

1 hour ago, comicartfan said:
On 10/4/2018 at 1:37 PM, AGGIEZ said:

But did you get paid?

Not yet....but the buyer emailed immediately and said to give him a few days to follow through....

:wishluck:

22 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Last 9.8 of The Huntress #1 sold for quadruple what it was at the beginning of the year.

Hulk 340 and Batman 423 continue to trickle higher. These could be big books as the years go by.

Hulk 340 is already an expensive book, locally at the shows it's priced anywhere from $50-100+ for raws...

1 minute ago, spreads said:
24 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Last 9.8 of The Huntress #1 sold for quadruple what it was at the beginning of the year.

Hulk 340 and Batman 423 continue to trickle higher. These could be big books as the years go by.

Hulk 340 is already an expensive book, locally at the shows it's priced anywhere from $50-100+ for raws...

It was priced as $80 at my LCS recently (#340) made me O.o but now I feel more comfortable about it, I haven't checked to see if it sold yet :shy: 

1 minute ago, spreads said:

No offense to your budget or collecting preference, but $100 isn't that much considering it sells for $400+ in 9.8.

5 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

No offense to your budget or collecting preference, but $100 isn't that much considering it sells for $400+ in 9.8.

?

Where did I ever say I disagreed with that price, I'm saying it's not a cheap book, and hasn't been a cheap book.....Batman 423 (at this same type of venue) is nowhere near the same price point as hulk 340.  I've passed on many in collections for $5 or less not that long ago...

*additional note, Hulk 340 has been a wall book for a lot of dealers for awhile, Batman 423 might be up on a wall depending on what they have - I don't put it on my mine, but that's just me.

Edited by spreads
correction

2 hours ago, spreads said:

?

Where did I ever say I disagreed with that price, I'm saying it's not a cheap book, and hasn't been a cheap book.....Batman 423 (at this same type of venue) is nowhere near the same price point as hulk 340.  I've passed on many in collections for $5 or less not that long ago...

*additional note, Hulk 340 has been a wall book for a lot of dealers for awhile, Batman 423 might be up on a wall depending on what they have - I don't put it on my mine, but that's just me.

423 stays on my wall as that's a book that appeals to a type of buyer that doesn't generally look through boxes. I generally sell at least one every other show priced at $25 (usually take $20 if needed) regardless of print.

Batman 423 is probably the only book I can think of which went through a major correction with no movie/pumpndump type hype after so many years of almost no attention to it.

It was a 100-200 book until a little over a year ago and is now a 5-700 book

I would never think even last year it would be compared to a book like IH340 which was a well established key for decades 

6 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Batman 423 is probably the only book I can think of which went through a major correction with no movie/pumpndump type hype after so many years of almost no attention to it.

It was a 100-200 book until a little over a year ago and is now a 5-700 book

I would never think even last year it would be compared to a book like IH340 which was a well established key for decades 

There were multiple sales of 423 in 9.8 in the last month in the mid $400s, where are we at $500-700? Hulk 340 in 9.8 seems to be going for a little less.

Of course, there are plenty of nice looking VFish copies of 423 up there selling for $25 or so. copies of 340 in that sort of shape tend to be more like $40-50+. So, 423 is a book that outperforms 340 in 9.8, but not so far a nice, but not slab-worthy, raw copy.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:22 PM, CDaBruce said:

Prediction:  Venom does not do so well at the box office.  The sequel is scrapped.  Sony has serious doubts about the future of their non-Spidey Spidey Universe.  Disney will make a new deal with Sony which will allow Venom, Black Cat, Morbius, Silver Sable, Kraven and the rest of the Spider-Man universe to become part of the sandbox that Marvel Studios can now creatively play in.  Venom will be recast and reappear in about 7 years in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  There will be a symbiotes versus Spidey and the Avengers (in whatever form that team is in at the time) movie.  The X-Men will be well integrated into the MCU at this point too.  

If prices drop on Venom/Carnage issues after this weekend...they may be worth picking up for the long haul.  X-Men first appearances are also going to heat up as the characters are recast and reintroduced into the MCU.

This could all be wishful thinking; I have a lot of X-Men, Venom and Spidey books.

Time has shown the 1st part of your prediction does not hold water...the movie was a box office success, exceeding studio expectations for its 1st two weeks so given its revenues, I think there’s next to zero chance of Sony scrapping its plans for the Spideyverse of movies to come!

19 hours ago, the blob said:

Hasn't 340 been a wall book (at least at the bottom corner, if it's not a good wall) since the 90s?

No.  340 is one of the books that nosedived and was available at blowout pricing through the late 90's and early 2000s. All McFarlane Hulks and Spideys, Liefeld New Mutants (yes, including 87 and 98) Punisher and Wolverine books, Death in the Family etc. All these books went in the discount bins.

5 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

No.  340 is one of the books that nosedived and was available at blowout pricing through the late 90's and early 2000s. All McFarlane Hulks and Spideys, Liefeld New Mutants (yes, including 87 and 98) Punisher and Wolverine books, Death in the Family etc. All these books went in the discount bins.

Yep. I remember getting a 6-pack of New Mutants #98 for about $20 on e-bay in the early 2000's. At the time I felt like I was overpaying a bit but I liked the character and the fact that I could get 6 high grade copies in one shot.

12 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

I think you are overstating this by a lot. If it had been easy dollar box fodder during this period (along with ASM 299-301, NM 87) I would have 50 copies of these as I was scrounging through those boxes big time during this period. It was more like a $5 book. Not to say it never showed up in the cheap boxes, lots of things slip through the cracks. As for NM 98...I never saw one in a dollar box. $2 box, sure, but I thought that was WAY too much! (And I know they were out there, and are still out there) I bought the other Liefield issues (other than 87) out of 50 cent boxes. I feel like my copies of NM 87 I got out of $2 or 3 for $10 boxes. I have a few. I doubt I paid more than $5 though.

Anyway, 98 - 2000/2001 were weird times. A lot of stuff got thrown in dollar boxes and other cheap boxes because guys were going under. They didn't blow out their good GA and SA like that so much, but the other stuff..

Edited by the blob

23 minutes ago, the blob said:

I think you are overstating this by a lot. If it had been easy dollar box fodder during this period (along with ASM 299-301, NM 87) I would have 50 copies of these as I was scrounging through those boxes big time during this period. It was more like a $5 book. Not to say it never showed up in the cheap boxes, lots of things slip through the cracks. As for NM 98...I never saw one in a dollar box. $2 box, sure, but I thought that was WAY too much! (And I know they were out there, and are still out there) I bought the other Liefield issues (other than 87) out of 50 cent boxes. I feel like my copies of NM 87 I got out of $2 or 3 for $10 boxes. I have a few. I doubt I paid more than $5 though.

Anyway, 98 - 2000/2001 were weird times. A lot of stuff got thrown in dollar boxes and other cheap boxes because guys were going under. They didn't blow out their good GA and SA like that so much, but the other stuff..

I didn't say dollar box, dude. I said discount bins - as opposed to wall books (which you were talking about).  Dollar boxes, 3 for $10, $5 boxes etc.  Many of the copies I bought still had the $25-100 tags still on them and they were unceremoniously dumped into DISCOUNT bins. Reading is fundamental.

2 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

I didn't say dollar box, dude. I said discount bins - as opposed to wall books (which you were talking about).  Dollar boxes, 3 for $10, $5 boxes etc.  Many of the copies I bought still had the $25-100 tags still on them and they were unceremoniously dumped into DISCOUNT bins. Reading is fundamental.

"Blowout" pricing sounds like a dollar or $2 box, particularly back in 98-2001 when you still had 25 and 50 cent boxes at shows! (Criminey, Vinnie Zarzulo (pre Metropolis) had a 10 cent table at one show. A real dealer wouldn't have had a 340 up, maybe in a 9.8 slab, but amateurs doing the occasional show who had ho hum books might. Don't be so F-ing defensive. I know being a lawyer gives one thin skin, but with all that red fur...