• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

It has always sold well now its just experiencing a spike its being exposed to the collector/seller group that has sprung up
the last couple of years. 

Yeah, I can't see it going any higher in raw, right? lol Ya never know in this market.

Anymore I look at like this. If I can find a book for $1 and someone is dumb enough to pay that type of money 
I am not going to say no.

Now that being said I am not going to be the person to try to squeeze top dollar out of
any book unless it looks flawless. Many of those sellers don't even assign a grade to the book and expect either
top dollar or more than the going rate by assigning high BINS looking for suckers. Really its going to turn 
a lot of collectors off eventually as they realize paid well over a top dollar.

Just my 2c

Edited by fastballspecial

21 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

It has always sold well now its just experiencing a spike its being exposed to the collector/seller group that has sprung up
the last couple of years. 

It was on Comic Book Men and spiked and hasn't come back down since then.

On 12/30/2018 at 7:14 PM, fastballspecial said:

I didn't have any issues this month selling a lot of Copper books.

I blew out I think around 10 copies of Power Pack 1 easily. @$12+ a pop
Thor 338 and 339 sell well for as well as Thor Annual 10 for awhile. 

Eternals is still selling well for me both Bronze and Copper series.
I buy almost everything I can cheap still.

ASM issues with Carnage are seeing nice moves lately.(Before 361)

Hulk 449 continues to appreciate.

Web of Spider-man 118 goes up and down like a yo yo

Both Ms Marvel(Late Bronze and 2008) series seem to have an uptick. I am lucky if I can
grab them at shows for $1 or so before someone else does.

TAH 22 continues to sell well for me $45-60 in raw.

WW issues have slowed down for me, but I look for that to pick up soon.

Stan Lee issues were great sales for last 3 months or so. Be interesting to see if those issues
keep their value.

Infinity War has slowed down, but will pick up again when the movie comes out. I sold around 4 
sets just when it hit video a few months back.

Looks like IH 449 is a $20 average.  Is that correct? 
I thought it was pulling more before, but I don't follow it that closely. 

Patrick

16 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Looks like IH 449 is a $20 average.  Is that correct? 
I thought it was pulling more before, but I don't follow it that closely. 

Patrick

It was at one point. It has gone down and up. The last 3 raw sales are above that.  A nice slab sale as well.
My sales were over $30+ on them.

On 12/31/2018 at 3:32 PM, fastballspecial said:

Anymore I look at like this. If I can find a book for $1 and someone is dumb enough to pay that type of money 

Now that being said I am not going to be the person to try to squeeze top dollar out of
any book unless it looks flawless. Many of those sellers don't even assign a grade to the book and expect either
top dollar or more than the going rate by assigning high BINS looking for suckers. Really its going to turn 

Just my 2c

As a seller that doesn't want to invest a ton of time keeping up with what I have for sale, I'll often list stuff with higher-than-average BINs and a Best Offer; people can offer what it's worth to them and I can decide if that's good enough for me. It's also some protection if a book spikes for another reason; I may not make the full new value, but I'll get a little premium on the old value

As far as not assigning a grade, it's not worth the time for a lot of common books. But if you provide good pics I think that's a reasonable alternative.

On 12/30/2018 at 11:30 PM, maidenmate91 said:

I believe Jamie is a pretty important key in the long run. I don't think it's a silly one. With the popularity of young justice it doesn't really surprise me. It just took a minute for others to catch on to the character's importance. Just my 2 cents.

Considering the popularity of the Black Panther movie, I think it's reasonable that an uptick in interest for a character that's a part of an underserved demographic when it comes to comic movies might be a result. Not that I'm equating the two. Black Panther has been a continuous presence for 50 years. While Blue Beetle has been around for 80 years. this particular Blue Beetle is relatively new, and the character hasn't had a continuous presence in comics.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

"Banned"...?

"Recalled"...?

"Risque"...?

"Seal Rape Cover"...?

None of that is true.

Sigh.

I read an interview with Dave Manak and he said seal assault is exactly what he was trying to convey with the cover. He got a lot of angry letters from PETA. 

Edited by the blob

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 3:32 PM, fastballspecial said:

Just my 2c

What are you referring to?

With that said, I just had someone pay my high BIN price for two books (won't say which) that got hot in the last 6 months, which I fully expected would get knocked down 25-30% with best offers. And I didn't even have scans up yet!

14 minutes ago, Bird said:

If you already sold, why not say which books. C'mon blob!

Last time I identified my ebay store I got a bunch of nasty critiques about me being out of my mind for listing silver age DCs and McFarlane ASMs for the crazy price of $3.50 each because I guess I should list everything on ebay for $1? Sure, this was a decade ago, but still... 

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

Last time I identified my ebay store I got a bunch of nasty critiques about me being out of my mind for listing silver age DCs and McFarlane ASMs for the crazy price of $3.50 each because I guess I should list everything on ebay for $1? Sure, this was a decade ago, but still... 

We forgive you . . . lol

1 hour ago, the blob said:
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, fastballspecial said:

Just my 2c

What are you referring to?

With that said, I just had someone pay my high BIN price for two books (won't say which) that got hot in the last 6 months, which I fully expected would get knocked down 25-30% with best offers. And I didn't even have scans up yet!

I thought it was pretty self explanatory. Don't ask for top dollar if you cant give a grade on a book. Its pretty simple. 

I could go further and discuss the unbelievable that ask for 100-200% over going/standard price  and sometimes get a sucker 
and then other sites brag about it. 

That gets into arguing against the "free market" which I do believe fully in anyone asking what they want for something, but sometimes
you just have to :facepalm:

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

I thought it was pretty self explanatory. Don't ask for top dollar if you cant give a grade on a book. Its pretty simple. 

I could go further and discuss the unbelievable that ask for 100-200% over going/standard price  and sometimes get a sucker 
and then other sites brag about it. 

That gets into arguing against the "free market" which I do believe fully in anyone asking what they want for something, but sometimes
you just have to :facepalm:

I think that's fair. We had a big debate here on whether grades are needed if you have good scans, but I still feel like I need to give a grade to have some context for the price. I tend to make my BINs on decent raw material maybe an average of the top 2 or 3 recent sales in a similar grade understanding that there is ample room for negotiation downward because those higher $ sales may be the result of great reputation/good will, etc.

6 hours ago, the blob said:

I read an interview with Dave Manak and he said seal assault is exactly what he was trying to convey with the cover. He got a lot of angry letters from PETA. 

Seal assault. 

Not seal rape.

Difference.