• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,810 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:

There are 287 9.8 ASM 344s.  Thats alot.

There are 1653 9.8 ASM 361s.  Thats absurd, but it also makes 344 not as plentiful in the grand scheme of things, and you cant skate around the events of 344 I dont think.

I'd bet the number of 344 getting graded took a huge jump this week especially if it goes from a $125 CGC 9.8 to a $200 CGC 9.8 overnight.

43 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:

There are 1653 9.8 ASM 361s.  Thats absurd, but it also makes 344 not as plentiful in the grand scheme of things, and you cant skate around the events of 344 I dont think.

ASM #344 is a lot like ASM #298, since they are Cletus Kasady and Eddie Brock before they are symbiote villains.

While ASM #300 has skyrocketed, ASM #298 hasn't... it's still a good book but #298 isn't #300.

I predict ASM #344 to be a lot like ASM #298.

Edited by valiantman

14 hours ago, valiantman said:

ASM #344 is a lot like ASM #298, since they are Cletus Kasady and Eddie Brock before they are symbiote villains.

While ASM #300 has skyrocketed, ASM #298 hasn't... it's still a good book but #298 isn't #300.

And 298 has the added bonus of being the first McSpidey

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
16 hours ago, valiantman said:

And 298 has the added bonus of being the first McSpidey

Right, but ASM #344 has the added bonus of being more than a year earlier than ASM #361.  

There are good reasons to like both "first appearances of the non-symbiote regular dude" - but I think the market will continue to prefer the multi-page pointy-teeth upgrades. 

This is interesting to note that copper age books have surged as of recent. More so than silver and bronze (except maybe the key books). I believe that the kids who grew up during this period are now grown with disposable income and the lack of high grade copies (let's face it books during this era were treated like trash).  Plus it has yet to be fully strip mined. Lots of great 1st appearances (Silver Sable, Darkhawk, Hobgoblin, Amethyst, etc) and movie potential. The only drawback are sheer numbers. By this time the speculation boom was in full effect, but lots of variants (with low runs) and 2nd and 3rd printings.

Death of Superman anyone? Anyone?

1 hour ago, Dogsupreme said:

This is interesting to note that copper age books have surged as of recent. More so than silver and bronze (except maybe the key books). I believe that the kids who grew up during this period are now grown with disposable income and the lack of high grade copies (let's face it books during this era were treated like trash).  Plus it has yet to be fully strip mined. Lots of great 1st appearances (Silver Sable, Darkhawk, Hobgoblin, Amethyst, etc) and movie potential. The only drawback are sheer numbers. By this time the speculation boom was in full effect, but lots of variants (with low runs) and 2nd and 3rd printings.

wtf amethyst?  I think the ship sailed on death of superman already.  It already had the movie spike and came back down. 

20 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

these books came out at the height of speculation more or less.  even a nothing issue of ASM had a big print run.  aside from the direct market, this one had a great cover so the newsies that were out there probably got bought up big time, so unlike 50% returns common on those there were probably very few.

7 hours ago, ygogolak said:

It hasn't been going up over the years though. That is more recent.

...and there are at least two color breaks on yours. :foryou:

I generally try and stay out of the boards vs divad thread, but calling that a 9.8 is just ludicrous. I can clearly two (maybe 3) color breaks just in the price box alone! 

35 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I generally try and stay out of the boards vs divad thread, but calling that a 9.8 is just ludicrous. I can clearly two (maybe 3) color breaks just in the price box alone! 

I generally try to stay out of discussions with board members that can't read a large scan . . .  is it two or three? Are they color breaks? Are you really sure?

353_1r14_man_with_thick_glasses_sep2096.

Edited by divad
(needed a preposition)

On 6/22/2017 at 4:29 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

287 9.8 ASM 344s is a lot...plenty for everyone in this world that wants one!  

5 hours ago, revat said:

wtf amethyst?  I think the ship sailed on death of superman already.  It already had the movie spike and came back down. 

Hell Yeah! I love me some AMETHYST! Cool character! Great premise even before SAILOR MOON. Only a matter of time baby.

8 hours ago, Dogsupreme said:

newsstands will manufacture rarity for copper/modern.  I think that's where most of the big sustainable gains will be

Edited by SteppinRazor

ASM 361 isn't even copper, it's modern. 

Copper books in 9.8 aren't exactly the easiest books to find in the wild. No one hardly cared for them. Now people are digging through quarter boxes for them

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:12 PM, valiantman said:

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:29 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

Yeah I have thought that all along. It will appreciate for the next several months then settle like 298 did.

16 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

ASM 361 isn't even copper, it's modern. 

Copper books in 9.8 aren't exactly the easiest books to find in the wild. No one hardly cared for them. Now people are digging through quarter boxes for them

This is so odd to me. This era was a point when comics were bagged & boarded before hitting the shelves and everything was speculation fodder. The only way I could see them being "hardly cared for" is after the crash when people were dumping them for pennies on the dollar, but I would think most LCS's or private individuals that might've been absorbing during the exodus still would've kept them bagged and boarded. Also, ASM 361 was incredibly hot the day it came out -- Carnage's introduction was telegraphed so far in advance, everyone knew it was coming and stocked up. There's no reason why there shouldn't be thousands of high-grade copies out there.

On 6/23/2017 at 4:27 PM, divad said:

I generally try to stay out of discussions with board members that can't read a large scan . . .  is it two or three? Are they color breaks? Are you really sure?

I see 2.  The one at the top of the box is questionable.  That said, it ain't a 9.8.  But when have you ever let that stop you?

Anything going on with Longshot 1?  I've sold 3 copies of #1 in the last week and the set has been up for at least 6 months and that finally sold.