• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

I doubt there will be a Flex Mentallo character. My understanding is that DC faced legal action from Charles Atlas' estate over the character. I believe they agreed not to reprint the issues, and I suspect they agreed not to use or license the character again.  It will be VERY interesting to read about if they go ahead and cast Flex Mentallo!

I thought that got resolved, which is why they were finally able to do the re-release a few years back with the hardcover trade.

3 hours ago, seanfingh said:

His run on JLA in the late 90's is magnificent as well.

Yes, I enjoyed it a lot at the time, haven't revisited it since it was published. I run across that book a lot in 50 cent and dollar bins, I should probably put a run together and read them again. Can probably do it cheaper than buying a tpb.

As for Flex, I know there were legal issues for years, that's part of why the back issues of his mini series used to sell for crazy money. But didn't they eventually resolve it? I thought they ended up releasing a collection eventually and the prices on the back issues plummeted, but I could very well be wrong about that. 

31 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:

I thought that got resolved, which is why they were finally able to do the re-release a few years back with the hardcover trade.

You are right - I just remembered the dust up, I didn't remember that DC won it.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

There are a lot, even Cyborg. But from Doom Patrol Vol. 2 - Beard Hunter (#45), Danny Street (#35), Mr. Nobody (#26), and probably Flex Metallo. There was an audition tape for the character. I don't think it has been confirmed he is on the show.

Cyborg is Vic Stone.

So, none of the rest of them are in the show yet, right? Just the five "originals", Cliff, Rita, Negative Man, Crazy Jane, Cyborg...and, of course, the Chief?

So, right now, the only 1st modern appearance in that lineup is Crazy Jane? 

6 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Cyborg is Vic Stone.

So, none of the rest of them are in the show yet, right? Just the five "originals", Cliff, Rita, Negative Man, Crazy Jane, Cyborg...and, of course, the Chief?

So, right now, the only 1st modern appearance in that lineup is Crazy Jane? 

I think that will be the team. I'm guessing the others only make a one or two episode app.

On 3/10/2019 at 1:10 AM, divad said:

I've got all of the JLA run, but for some reason I have none of the Doom Patrol. (shrug)

If you're just wanting to read it, there's a lovely Omnibus of the complete Morrison Run. Well worth the money. (That and the Animal Man and Invisibles Omnis as well!)

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

If you're just wanting to read it, there's a lovely Omnibus of the complete Morrison Run. Well worth the money. (That and the Animal Man and Invisibles Omnis as well!)

Unless you're looking for a book to bludgeon someone with, I'd suggest the Invisibles Deluxe editions over the omni.  If you keep an eye on eBay, you can usually get all 4 Deluxe in pretty good shape for about $80

18 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

Unless you're looking for a book to bludgeon someone with, I'd suggest the Invisibles Deluxe editions over the omni.  If you keep an eye on eBay, you can usually get all 4 Deluxe in pretty good shape for about $80

Good call. I love the way the Omni's look on the shelf, but reading those really huge ones can be a chore. That being said, i still love my Invisibles Omni/doorstop/blunt weapon.

9 hours ago, Lazyboy said:
17 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

Unbelievable

That is definitely the correct word.

Think the word you're both looking for is "lunacy." :insane:

Edited by divad