38 38

14,830 posts in this topic

8,673 posts
4 hours ago, divad said:

Uh, so this is ok, but selling a raw copy for $75 is OUTRAGEOUS?  lol

If it's 9.8 it's ok.. if it's Divad-ized I'll have to think about :blush:

39,969 posts
1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

It’s only outrageous if you are calling it a 9.8 and charging $75 for a raw Power Pack 1.  Especially if the book has a 20% chance of getting a 9.8 if subbed.  If someone gaurenteed the book was a 9.8 or I’d get my money back (I’d eat the grading cost) then I’d be happy to pay $75 if the book looked perfect.

Label-kissers . . . .:baiting:

39,969 posts
55 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

If it's 9.8 it's ok.. if it's Divad-ized I'll have to think about :blush:

:acclaim:

3,158 posts
25 minutes ago, shadroch said:

1930s Supes would be lucky if the Legion of Substitute Heroes took him in. He was fortunate he never ran afoul of Billy Batson.

Then again, 1950s TV Superman used to laugh when  hoodlums shot him in the chest , but would duck when the empty gun was thrown at him.

hm  lol

3,142 posts
48 minutes ago, shadroch said:

1930s Supes would be lucky if the Legion of Substitute Heroes took him in. He was fortunate he never ran afoul of Billy Batson.

Then again, 1950s TV Superman used to laugh when  hoodlums shot him in the chest , but would duck when the empty gun was thrown at him.

Well, it had some filthy criminal's dirty paw prints on it. You don't know where that thing has been

39,969 posts
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, shadroch said:

Then again, 1950s TV Superman used to laugh when hoodlums shot him in the chest, but would duck when the empty gun was thrown at him.

That is a classic memory! :applause:I saw George Reeves make a cameo appearance in From Here to Eternity the other night, so I was doubly thinking about him. Great movie, great cast. When I was a freshman in the dorm at UCONN in 1973-74, we always put down whatever we were doing at 4:30 in the afternoon to head up to Gibbons & Mac's room on the 3rd floor to smoke the smoke and watch the Superman reruns, followed by the Three Stooges and Max Fleischer's Popeye. If I stayed in the dorm, I would have NEVER graduated. :roflmao:

Edited by divad

16,858 posts

Not necessarily price gains, but the amount of swamp thing comics sold is way up across all titles since the show started. Nice to see some of the late run 2nd series issues doing fairly well.

5,007 posts
Posted (edited)

As pointed out on the previous page, Moon Knight books are picking up steam.

The last 4 copies of 29 in 9.8 have sold for $350.00, $ 360.00, $369.00 and lastly $400.00 :ohnoez:

VERY tough black cover book.

Edited by Jordysnordy

39,969 posts
7 hours ago, shiverbones said:

Not necessarily price gains, but the amount of swamp thing comics sold is way up across all titles since the show started. Nice to see some of the late run 2nd series issues doing fairly well.

I also noticed that Swamp Thing appearances in other titles (all ages) seem to be getting more attention.  Can someone do the legwork??? lol

16,858 posts
29 minutes ago, divad said:

I also noticed that Swamp Thing appearances in other titles (all ages) seem to be getting more attention.  Can someone do the legwork??? lol

Yeah that is also true, too many books for me to keep track of :insane:

1,332 posts
9 hours ago, shiverbones said:

That trend will come to a screeching halt as speculators realize the Swamp Thing show was cancelled after 1 episode.

12,412 posts
4 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

That trend will come to a screeching halt as speculators realize the Swamp Thing show was cancelled after 1 episode.

shhh, give me a few more days please!

16,858 posts
2 minutes ago, Bird said:

shhh, give me a few more days please!

The issues selling are so random that it doesn’t appear to be spec, except for things like the 1st rot. Really looks more like run filling as rare as that is these days