• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,810 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, BrooksR said:

I’ve been away for a long time too. I think you would get the most if you wait and sell when the trailers come and the excitement spreads beyond serious collectors. Then again I don’t understand the current market, it seems crazy to me. 

:insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane:

15 hours ago, cujobyte said:

Been away from comics for quite some time (work, life, magic cards etc), and spent 2 hrs at the bar last nite researching prices on Sandman books. WOW, may have to sell my collection due to the prices of some stuff. Just in shock. Now i need to see what else I've missed lately. 

You don't need to go to a bar to look at comic prices.....it will also not help picking up women in any way, shape, or form.  

10 minutes ago, shiverbones said:

Nothing like becoming a teenager while that annual and the art Adams new mutants special were on the stands :x

So very true. Growing up with Art Adams books was an exciting and amazing period. Annual #9 was the first Art Adams book I bought, and it truly is a work of art, NM special Ed of course was amazing as well, but I think that the ink work on XMA9 set it over the top. it was my art bible growing up back then when I used to draw. The artwork was the best Ive seen since the Frazetta Famous Funnies covers series. 

Just now, Aweandlorder said:

So very true. Growing up with Art Adams books was an exciting and amazing period. Annual #9 was the first Art Adams book I bought, and it truly is a work of art, NM special Ed of course was amazing as well, but I think that the ink work on XMA9 set it over the top. it was my art bible growing up back then when I used to draw. The artwork was the best Ive seen since the Frazetta Famous Funnies covers series. 

Blew my mind and helped set me on my art path as well

On 7/26/2019 at 9:56 AM, Aweandlorder said:

Well said, I think Art Adams' work ranks among the best of the age, and should be highly sought and collected.  :sumo:

Y0l14P.jpg

Edited by divad

Adams Classic X-Men cover run is where Adams shine. Those were the modern day version of Frazetta's Famous Funnies covers to many who studied him. And there were BOATLODS of imitators including some of the most biggest names in the industry; Lee, Mcfarlane, Larsen, Campbell, Lim just to keep the list short. 

The elevated waists, counter-arched back, high cheek-bones, pouting lips or huge grin full of teeth, fine detailed hair-do's, busy backgrounds vs empty spaced composition pockets, were some of Adams signature style giveaways. Prior to 1987 it was very easy to distinguish Art's style from the rest even by looking at a tiny half inch sample offering from a preview catalog. No one else did it like him. 

IMG_6261.JPG.79dbf89390d3f0382454175a0ae5434d.JPGIMG_6263.JPG.89aee19ae58100e16e95cbb2d12735e1.JPGIMG_6264.JPG.252d2db888e41c870d0aadbce8abba7d.JPGIMG_6265.JPG.a16f033b6a3c4b23509e4dc7f55136b7.JPGIMG_6266.JPG.1f6a61fad704339628037c895267d974.JPGIMG_6267.JPG.dfa6098b3fab0cd0238016c4fccfd564.JPG

Edited by Aweandlorder

5 hours ago, Readcomix said:

I have always loved that X-Men 218 cover, still do, but I just noticed for the first time that Longshot is throwing cake batter mixers. 

i'm guessing you mean 'spatulas' . . . :baiting: