• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Thanks.  With the e-bucks offer I was able to get a nice graded set for about the current GPA.  Hopefully we will see a nice big bump when the 1st previews start coming out.

13 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Wonder why the only place that has that news is a site know to provide click bait / false information. hm

I would also assume if it does happen it will be straight to DVD like Hush.

Could be but I'd still expect a big jump in prices for high grade copies for the set.  I just don't see many 9.6/9.8 copies of the 1st few issues in the market.  Maybe its the dark covers but they seem to be hard to find in ultra high grades.  And $50 - $60 for a 9.6 just seems cheap especially if the show advertising ramps up demand a bit.

My X-Men sales -- which had been in the doldrums for years -- have picked up significantly over the past few months. I sold a 122, 128, and a few nice copies in the 140s and 150s at my last show, books which had been sitting in my boxes forever. And nearly any X-Men in the 50-cent bin (those ultra common 90s books) have been quick sales too. 

Hopefully this is a return to people caring about this team again. The 90s and 00s were full of too many series, too many characters, and too much confusion. (Same goes for the Avengers.) 

15 minutes ago, RCheli said:

My X-Men sales -- which had been in the doldrums for years -- have picked up significantly over the past few months. I sold a 122, 128, and a few nice copies in the 140s and 150s at my last show, books which had been sitting in my boxes forever. And nearly any X-Men in the 50-cent bin (those ultra common 90s books) have been quick sales too. 

Hopefully this is a return to people caring about this team again. The 90s and 00s were full of too many series, too many characters, and too much confusion. (Same goes for the Avengers.) 

X-men are moving quickly around here as well. I think it's three things coming together at the same time:

1. Speculators banking on the Disney/Marvel relaunch of the X-men film universe 

2. Readers loving Hickman's Powers/House of X

3. 90's Nostalgia - tons of Marvel Legends figures and other memorabilia connected to the 90's animated program and Lee/Claremont book have been released in the last year

People are suddenly remembering when X-Men was the biggest thing in comics, and there's finally new content to get excited about to go along with the nostalgia.

14 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

X-men are moving quickly around here as well. I think it's three things coming together at the same time:

1. Speculators banking on the Disney/Marvel relaunch of the X-men film universe 

2. Readers loving Hickman's Powers/House of X

3. 90's Nostalgia - tons of Marvel Legends figures and other memorabilia connected to the 90's animated program and Lee/Claremont book have been released in the last year

People are suddenly remembering when X-Men was the biggest thing in comics, and there's finally new content to get excited about to go along with the nostalgia.

I think the thing that also goes well for the X books is that there are a ton of first appearances throughout the series (from GSXM on). You don't have to go too many issues without having a first or origin or something that will bring people in. And you're right -- X-Men were it throughout the 80s and 90s, and it really wasn't until the turn of the century that Spider-Man took a significant stranglehold on the top spot. 

On 8/21/2019 at 11:51 AM, RCheli said:

I think the thing that also goes well for the X books is that there are a ton of first appearances throughout the series (from GSXM on). You don't have to go too many issues without having a first or origin or something that will bring people in. And you're right -- X-Men were it throughout the 80s and 90s, and it really wasn't until the turn of the century that Spider-Man took a significant stranglehold on the top spot. 

25 years ago. Lah lah lah

On 8/20/2019 at 4:42 PM, Jimmy Linguini said:

Batman #77 (out this week) - Bane kills

Reveal hidden contents

Alfred

I thought the Joker killed him in the Snyder run already.   Am I remembering that incorrectly?  

15 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

I thought the Joker killed him in the Snyder run already.   Am I remembering that incorrectly?  

Snyder is New 52. Tom King is Rebirth. New 52 is pretty much non-canon at this point I think as Dr Manhattan reset everything...or something.

On 8/23/2019 at 9:09 AM, Aweandlorder said:

Spider-Man and his Amazing friends #1 heating the *** up  reason:

https://cosmicbook.news/spider-man-deal-7-movies-avengers

I know... not really copper 

Yup... not too long ago sold a couple for around $20. Auction ended tonight with winning bid of $61.... all around the same NM condition

On 8/23/2019 at 12:09 PM, Aweandlorder said:

Spider-Man and his Amazing friends #1 heating the *** up  reason:

https://cosmicbook.news/spider-man-deal-7-movies-avengers

I know... not really copper 

8 hours ago, jokiing said:

Yup... not too long ago sold a couple for around $20. Auction ended tonight with winning bid of $61.... all around the same NM condition

And all the hype proved not to be true. Propagated by a known fake news / click bait site.

11 hours ago, PeterPark said:

Firestar would be the only appeal, right? It may not be this announcement but I feel like they will get to her sooner or later...

They announced a show called Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. There was a rumor this was going to happen so then some sites said that meant Firestar. Which it did not at this point.

3 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

X-men 193 is first Firestar in Marvel continuity.  I know I have a stack of those around so hope she heats up.  :insane:

Marvel Action Universe #1 reprints Spider-Man ans His Amazing Friends... that could be worth a look too.