• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,720 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Not a secret after Key Collector posted on it but Batman Long Halloween is bringing in some great prices with #1 being the best bet.

Thanks, but this is 13 books - basically selling for $10 apiece . . . you may think it's heating up, but it'snot lol And if you sell #1 alone for a nice chunk, what's that leave you?

It's not bragging, it's market insight (but I don't expect you guys to GET it.) I don't follow spec sites or pump and dumps, but it seems that all you guys do. :bigsmile:

Edited by divad

16 minutes ago, divad said:

Thanks, but this is 13 books - basically selling for $10 apiece . . . you may think it's heating up, but it'snot lol And if you sell #1 alone for a nice chunk, what's that leave you?

It's not bragging, it's market insight (but I don't expect you guys to GET it.) I don't follow spec sites or pump and dumps, but it seems that all you guys do. :bigsmile:

The term heating up indicates its not maxed out yet and is heating up in prices.  Use to be a $100 - $130 set and now it seems to be going for $170 - $190 and I'd say $200 - $225 is soon to come.  The exact opposite is hot is a book that sells one copy in a year at a crazy high price.  It's nice for your bottom line when they do sell but not even close to what i would call hot.

Edited by 1Cool

15 minutes ago, divad said:

Sincere question, what are they not "getting"?

4 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

The term heating up indicates its not maxed out yet and is heating up in prices.  Use to be a $100 - $130 set and now it seems to be going for $170 - $190 and I'd say $200 - $225 is soon to come. 

Considering it "used to be a $26 set . . . I'll give you that, but that was how many years ago? lol

2 minutes ago, divad said:

That ASM 347 is heating up.

That book has been up and down since 2017 but the most recent slab sales show an uptick. Any idea why? I know before the Venom movie all those Venom ASM covers were heating up, but that's not even a really good one (shrug)

2 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

That book has been up and down since 2017 but the most recent slab sales show an uptick. Any idea why? I know before the Venom movie all those Venom ASM covers were heating up, but that's not even a really good one (shrug)

The "why" is really irrelevant in the marketplace these days (or just window dressing). But someone listed it as "first Venom island" whatever that means . . . :bigsmile:

14 minutes ago, divad said:

This is not only completely wrong, but irresponsible at best:

ASM 347

I'd have agreed with an original post saying ASM 347 seems to be heating up but posting 3 books that have some "recent" sales (two of them over a month ago) is not a sign of what is hot. 

Edited by 1Cool