Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
40 40

15,087 posts in this topic

26,688 posts

What the heck is going on with Spidey 1 (McFarlane)??  The gold variant seems to be flying off the shelves.

10,408 posts
1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

What the heck is going on with Spidey 1 (McFarlane)??  The gold variant seems to be flying off the shelves.

With or without the UPC?

Without the UPC barcode, the CGC 9.8 average for the past 90 days is $82.  The 2018 average was $105.  That's a drop of 22%.

With the UPC barcode, the last three CGC 9.8 sale prices are up ($900+), but there aren't any 9.8 sales since September, no 9.6 sales since June, and the most recent CGC 9.4 sale was 20% below the 2018 average.

19,737 posts
1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Maybe the mcfarlane Cgc signing?

26,688 posts
6 minutes ago, valiantman said:

With or without the UPC?

Without the UPC barcode, the CGC 9.8 average for the past 90 days is $82.  The 2018 average was $105.  That's a drop of 22%.

With the UPC barcode, the last three CGC 9.8 sale prices are up ($900+), but there aren't any 9.8 sales since September, no 9.6 sales since June, and the most recent CGC 9.4 sale was 20% below the 2018 average.

Not sure about slabbed copies but I'm seeing batches of 10 copies selling for $200 (thought this was still a $5 book) and quite a few $20 copies sold yesterday.  None were newsstand copies.

Edited by 1Cool

10,408 posts
20 minutes ago, revat said:
1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Maybe the mcfarlane Cgc signing?

That's probably it.  Announced a few days ago: https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/7862/

2,087 posts
21 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Not sure about slabbed copies but I'm seeing batches of 10 copies selling for $200 (thought this was still a $5 book) and quite a few $20 copies sold yesterday.  None were newsstand copies.

I always thought the gold version was a solid $20-25 book, that's what you'd expect to get/pay at cons.  The silver version you're lucky to get $3 Canadian...trust me, I've got a pile of them for $3 and lots of unsold inventory!

20,247 posts

Thank goodness the green polybag one is still a $4 book, just like in 1993 when I got a stack of them. Great investment!

2,087 posts
19 hours ago, the blob said:

Thank goodness the green polybag one is still a $4 book, just like in 1993 when I got a stack of them. Great investment!

I'll sell you all my copies for $3 each!  You will have instant massive on paper profits!

20,247 posts
19 minutes ago, spreads said:

I'll sell you all my copies for $3 each!  You will have instant massive on paper profits!

I'm cool with what I have. If the book ever explodes I can reinvest the profits on my copies into a bucket of cheap halal fried chicken for the kids (10 piece $8.99 deal blows KFC out of the water)

26,688 posts
22 hours ago, spreads said:

I always thought the gold version was a solid $20-25 book, that's what you'd expect to get/pay at cons.  The silver version you're lucky to get $3 Canadian...trust me, I've got a pile of them for $3 and lots of unsold inventory!

Could be - I think I got the gold and silver variants mixed up.  The number of copies seem to be slowing down but I do see a large uptick on the Coyote book so it must all be related to the signing.

1,796 posts

What about Green Lantern Corps? Have those issues caught fire since the HBO series was announced? Love me some Kilowog! :flamed:

56,564 posts
On 11/14/2019 at 10:12 AM, the blob said:

Brigade #1 gold, anyone...? Anyone...?

40,292 posts
On 11/19/2019 at 6:12 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Brigade #1 gold, anyone...? Anyone...?

Now that's a threadkiller. :eyeroll:

My apologies, I thought you were joking. :facepalm:

Edited by divad

40,292 posts

McFarlane Batmans are doing pretty well. :whistle:

317 posts

Wait...

This Brigade talk is a joke right?

Dont make me go buy one for no reason lol

52,767 posts

That seller is an antique/salvage dealer and based on his other comics listings clearly has no idea what comics are worth. I have found that those types of sellers either sell comics at almost giveaway prices or follow the extreme other end of pricing. That guy chose the latter method :roflmao:

3,239 posts
13 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

That seller is an antique/salvage dealer and based on his other comics listings clearly has no idea what comics are worth. I have found that those types of sellers either sell comics at almost giveaway prices or follow the extreme other end of pricing. That guy chose the latter method :roflmao:

I see what you did there.

Hey, it *is* a newsstand

20,247 posts
17 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Wait...

This Brigade talk is a joke right?

Dont make me go buy one for no reason lol

Brigade 1 gold and Thor 339 are the key to a happy retirement.