• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, littledoom said:

Vision and the Scarlet Witch 1-12 $275+ today Feb 3-9th $150+ ... i remember when this series struggled to sell for $100 

I have never bothered trying to put together a set because rarely would I see all 12 in a dollar box... so that is sort of the challenge. The 4 issues minis are more feasible. Any of these 12 issue minis are a pain.

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

I have never bothered trying to put together a set because rarely would I see all 12 in a dollar box... so that is sort of the challenge. The 4 issues minis are more feasible. Any of these 12 issue minis are a pain.

Exactly 

38 minutes ago, the blob said:

I probably pulled my full set of both minis from dollar boxes. But that would have been in the late 80s or 90s. So while the combined $60 I got for both is less than they're worth now, I still pulled a profit. Probably still got more for the recent issues of the Tom King Vision series I picked up when that started getting hot.

46 minutes ago, the blob said:

A couple years ago I passed on a couple complete sets at a huge $1 comic sale over in Pittsburg.  I was so close to grabbing a set but put them back since I just didn't like the covers.

18 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

image.png.0aad120550d8e1b268bb6365d309239b.png

That's a good visual choice.

When it comes to acting, they could probably do very well following the Joker model (great actor, let them interpret the character, get Academy Award discussion), so I vote for Gary Oldman as Lobo... because it's so ridiculous, it would probably work.

With that much costume/make-up no one would be like "Hey!  Lobo is the same guy as Commissioner Gordon!" 

People probably wouldn't believe it's the same guy even after they Googled it.

Besides, they already let Mr. Mom be Batman, so worse things have worked for D.C. before. :grin:

Edited by valiantman

55 minutes ago, the blob said:

And then getting all 12 issues in NM condition.. uhg

Sure, the big batman story arcs from the 90s and maximum carnage are not so hard, but there are a lot of those out there

1-6 is manageable. Finding all 7 of Born Again that are nice and not beat up is tedious but doable. 8-12 issues is tough because it also involves spending more money to get the full series. Midnight Massacre 1-5 set is one that i give up on.... Punisher Countdown is a tricky one .. Evolutionary War Annuals is underrated but valuable like $40-50 but involves like 13 annuals

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Rob Zombie has done some acting work. Anyone know if he's any good?

rob zombie is too old now. and he is too short. and not built for the role.

https://www.quirkybyte.com/blog/2018/02/actors-play-lobo-michael-bay-movie/

some of these are absurd. the wrestler looks the part, but i have no idea if he is any good as an actor. the rock turned out to be a pretty good actor, but he's a once a generation talent.

12 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I remember when you’d get $1 a book for this series and it was considered a win

For real! Back in the late 90's I used to buy dealer overstock lots on ebay. I got a set of Vision and Scarlet Witch, like 5 or 6 copies of each issue, I think I paid about 30 cents each for them. This was the very definition of dreck for a looooong time.

54 minutes ago, valiantman said:

That's a good visual choice.

When it comes to acting, they could probably do very well following the Joker model (great actor, let them interpret the character, get Academy Award discussion), so I vote for Gary Oldman as Lobo... because it's so ridiculous, it would probably work.

With that much costume/make-up no one would be like "Hey!  Lobo is the same guy as Commissioner Gordon!" 

People probably wouldn't believe it's the same guy even after they Googled it.

Besides, they already let Mr. Mom be Batman, so worse things have worked for D.C. before. :grin:

No. His head from 20 years ago works. That's about it. Rob Zombie is like 5' 8" (he is listed as 5' 10", but then I see commentary that this is bull). He is old. Skinny. He is not the Lobo who became popular. The glimpse I've seen of him on Krypton (why can't I find Krypton on HBO Max or anywhere I don't have to pay???) is actually not too bad. Dunno if the actor was terrible, but that whole thing seems to have been cancelled. Stick a show on a venue nobody watches and it gets cancelled. shocking.

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

No. His head from 20 years ago works. That's about it. Rob Zombie is like 5' 8" (he is listed as 5' 10", but then I see commentary that this is bull). He is old. Skinny. He is not the Lobo who became popular. The glimpse I've seen of him on Krypton (why can't I find Krypton on HBO Max or anywhere I don't have to pay???) is actually not too bad. Dunno if the actor was terrible, but that whole thing seems to have been cancelled. Stick a show on a venue nobody watches and it gets cancelled. shocking.

I remember seeing that clip and reaction was "Yeah, no." Considering the character was created (or perhaps, revamped, since it's more evident once he appears in JLI, LEGION, and his minis) as a parody of the dark, grim and gritty characters of the Copper Age, what the role needs is someone who will play it completely straight, but with over-the-top material.