• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RARE HEIDI SAHA ITEM - CLOSED

4 posts in this topic

Hi JazzMan,

There's an excellent article about Heidi that several people have listed on their replies which gives more details about the Seidi Haha poem and subsequent reactions.

http://junglefrolics.blogspot.com/2010/01/much-of-whats-written-about-heidi-saha.html

But I wanted to let you know that Heidi was not the original model for Vampirella.

Vampi first premiered in 1969 --when Heidi was 10 years old. Vampi was the creation of Fory Ackerman brought to "life" by Frank Frazetta and Trina Robbins who designed her costume with some input by James Warren --he suggested the boots, bangs and black hair.

About 2 years later, Jose Gonzales reinvented Vampi when he drew her in issue #12. Gonzales also drew the amazing 6 foot poster of Vampi which Perdita Boardman (wife of John Boardman) used to recreate Heidi's costume at the behest of Heidi's mother so that 14 year old Heidi could be presented as Vampi at the 1973 Comic Art Con in N.Y. Note: Heidi was not happy about this--she hated the way her mother, Tiami, strongarmed her way into getting what she, Taimi wanted.

I always thought it odd that Tiami talked Warren into producing the Heidi mag and mini poster in time for this convention and yet, both mag and poster featured Heidi in her Sheena of the Jungle costume with no Vampirella pics at all.

Just thought I'd add my info and keep things honest ;)

Time permitting, I'll come back later with a few more true tales from that long ago and strange time....

Angelique--the other Vampirella--