• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC scans of slabs

10 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Scans are sent only when they are requested by the submitter and are only sent to that submitter by e-mail. The submitter is welcome to share the scan with a future owner if they like.

• Administrator

They are scanned when requested or if we choose to add them to our gallery. The only way to request a scan is with your initial submission, we do not sell scans alone.

I was wondering, for vintage age comics - 1960 and prior, does scanning have a detrimental effect? I would be concerned that the harsh light used during the scanner process can have a detrimental effect on fragile and old paper?

• Administrator

Comic Books are an investment, and in regard to your questions, scanning the comic book one time will not hurt the comic or fade the color. The comic is not under the scanner long enough for damage to occur. The protective encasing does provide a minimum amount of UV protection as well, as we do scan the comic while it is safely encased to prevent unnecessary damage to the comic. In addition, just for your general information, we only scan the front cover.

• Administrator

No, we can only scan the whole submission.

However, you could make two invoices (if it is not the Value Tier and you only have 15 books) with one for imaged books and one for not-imaged books and then request that both of the invoices be shipped back together (by noting that request on all copies of the submission forms).

Hi Gemma, Will CGC ever offer the option for owners to buy the individul scans of slabs after the fact? personally I don't have a scanner that fits the whole slab in a scan (especially not magazine size) but would like to get the full size scans for my registry sets. Some of my slabs were submitted through a 3rd party and I was never offered the option to get a scan, others were submitted by sellers and sold to me at a later date and no scan is available. Thanks