• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How often do you actually look at your books?

63 posts in this topic

I just threw some new acquisitions into the shortbox and sat there for a good hour just taking out my most favoured books and cherishing them. I probably have four or five raw books tucked up inside Mylites2 and double boarded that make me really fuzzy inside, and once I've sat admiring them for a while I feel the need to take out my whole collection book by book and admire them.

Obviously my collection is now very much separated from my sales inventory, and is small enough to manage quite quickly, and I do love the look of Mylar over a CGC case. So understandably situations will differ, but how often do you actually sit and look through your books?

as often as possible

we all get to look at yours with every post you make :baiting:

Yes, the but the keys get lots of "view time"; it's those others that are so much more fun. X-men 12, FF 13, FF25, ASM 20, 50, etc, etc!!!

I also like looking at the scans of my books sometimes - better than nothing if i'm sitting in my office feeling sorry for myself :) (thumbs u

as often as possible

we all get to look at yours with every post you make :baiting:

Yes, the but the keys get lots of "view time"; it's those others that are so much more fun. X-men 12, FF 13, FF25, ASM 20, 50, etc, etc!!!

I also like looking at the scans of my books sometimes - better than nothing if i'm sitting in my office feeling sorry for myself :) (thumbs u

I love looking at my CAF gallery. Sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't really care if I lost half my OA collection (the right half of course) as long as it's still in CAF. Then I wonder what the point is. Then I try to stop wondering.

I only get to see them as I put another issue in order, I sometimes pull the next few books out and take a peek.

I have however done a lot of scanning lately and set the scans onto my desktop background as a slideshow changing every 10 seconds.

I sometimes see a book scroll past and think, if I didnt already have that, I couldn't afford it lol

I do pretty frequently. I have a longbox set aside for "favorites" (issues, runs, creators, etc.) and I will pull those books out from time-to-time. Nothing expensive, and often lower grade copies.

I got rid of the bulk of my collection and put the rest on shelves instead of longboxes because I felt like I just tucked them away never to be seen again. I don't actually look at them all at once ever, the collection is still a couple thousand comics, but I do look over my little shelf boxes frequently, and often enough pull out a box and go through the comics inside. Make sure they are in order, note any issues I'm missing, if it's a current series place all the issues I've bought since last time looking at that box in their place, or if I am not reading anything I'll take it down and put it on my night stand and read one a night until I'm through :)

I have an old picture rack I stole off my dad a while back when he was redecorating. I can place 5 CGC books on it nicely. I try to rotate through my books with themes from time to time. Yea I'm a dork.

Otherwise I try and re-read a portion of ASM every summer. Those books are mostly readers though. Last summer I did 200-252 in between all my modern reading. It was a lot of fun. I will likely do 100-200 next summer. I might have less time as I'll probably me managing an almost 2 year old. He spent last summer in daycare. I don't think he will spend all of this summer in daycare though.

I don't rifle through everything. I pull one-three books out a week and sit them on my book shelf. Usually something sparks a memory about a particular book and that is the one I will have on display that week. A few of my books have gone down a few grades from being read over and over again. But I don't care.