• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How often do you actually look at your books?

63 posts in this topic

i thumb through my boxes 5 - 7 times a week. my collection is still not organized, so it's like a treasure hunt with each boxing bringing new surprises. do i crack them open and read them that often? no.

I look at mine often, although not as often now that I'm a dealer by profession. I still get a kick out of handling books, even if they're just inventory. I smell 'em, look at the stories, admire them, etc.

I just don't grade them in the bathroom like Bedrock, so you get added value with mine.

Pretty infrequently - one of the reasons I started shedding my collection a few years back - though I've not been nearly ruthless enough, considering how much I still have , some I haven't looked at for 20 years, other than to shift to other boxes.

All the time. I pull a long box and read, not just look.

Currently reading Journey into Mystery - Thor run. I rank it right up there with Kirby's FF for creativity from #104 on:

Giants Walk the Earth, Cobra & Hyde, the Hulk, Grey Gargoyle, Absorbing Man, Trial of the Gods, the Destroyer, saving Hercules from Pluto's underworld, Tana Nile & the Rigellian Colonizers, Ego the Living Planet, the High Evolutionary & Wundagore, Ulik, Orikal, the Enchanters, the Wrecker.

I'm just finishing the Mangog storyline. Awesome stuff.

as often as possible

we all get to look at yours with every post you make :baiting:

:roflmao:

allamerican16cgc60rfc.jpg

allstar3cgc60fc.jpg

worldsbest1cgc45fc.jpg

Just for Oak, i was thinking of doubling my signature size...... let's see 250 books in my "showcase", so that's 10 books a row and 25 rows..... hm hm

as often as possible

allstar3cgc60fc.jpg

worldsbest1cgc45fc.jpg

Just for Oak, i was thinking of doubling my signature size...... let's see 250 books in my "showcase", so that's 10 books a row and 25 rows..... hm hm

LOVE your taste in books (worship)

as often as possible

allstar3cgc60fc.jpg

worldsbest1cgc45fc.jpg

:eek:

When I was single I had my books where I could easily get at them so I probably looked through them about once a week and whenever I added a book.

Now that I'm married the only safe place for them in on an upper shelf in our closet. I have to get a step ladder out every item I want to get at them, really a pain. As a result, I don't look at them as often as I would like.

I swear, one day my wife is going to find me dead under an avalanche of short boxes.

Pretty much daily I am flipping through my file cabinet and I look through the books. I rarely open them up and read them anymore, though. I usually just read them on my iPad or in TPB.