• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How often do you actually look at your books?

63 posts in this topic

I look at my collection once a year: Every Christmas eve I grab a handle of Poland Springs vodka and my yellow label slabs, turn on the 'A Christmas Story' marathon, and drunkenly cry myself to sleep under my Christmas tree, my precious slabs serving as the only things in this world that truly understand me.

just went about 4 years without looking at my collection. This makes me feel good because every time in the past i lost interest i sold all my books and had to start over again when the interest rekindled. This time i just let my big keys appreciate and it was very satisfying to see that my AF15 CGC 5.5 which i paid a total of about $4500 for in 05 has a GPA of about $14K iirc. Lately i have started reading again and have read GS x-men 1 & 94-101(childhood favorites) and plan to read up to ish 142(thats when the x-men title ended right?) this winter.(it does in my collection-lol). want to start reading early FF's, spideys and strange tales if i have time.

BTW 3000th post finally!

schilder051.gif

Party.gif

I'm currently rebagging & boarding some of my collection. I really should get rid of some of it that's just filling space. Unfortunately, most of that is books over the last 18 years.... I bet I'll get a lot for those. lol

It saves from having to dig them out. Plus, since the majority of them are graded, I can only look at the front cover any way.

I got my books loaded up on MSC. :banana: Look me up. My name is my name.

I recently rebagged my whole collection, probably spent more on the bags and boards than all my Drek is worth, but it was a lot of fun. There were only a few books I forgot I had.