• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel pence copies thread "A"

57 posts in this topic

Good job so far guys ;-)

I was speaking t oa long time collector in GOSH last week and he says he has proof that pence copies were on the press before cents copies ;-) saiud he is going to bring it with him at the royal national.

I think he said it was a strange tales comic, might have been TTA or TOS can't remember now. But he said it was a pence copy that had a manufacturing drawing of a cent price over it. He said it is not something someone had done, but thinks it was the last pence copy on the press and then they planned to change it to cents.

Can't wait to see it, and hopefully can get a scan or pic of it up ;-)

Good job so far guys ;-)

I was speaking t oa long time collector in GOSH last week and he says he has proof that pence copies were on the press before cents copies ;-) saiud he is going to bring it with him at the royal national.

I think he said it was a strange tales comic, might have been TTA or TOS can't remember now. But he said it was a pence copy that had a manufacturing drawing of a cent price over it. He said it is not something someone had done, but thinks it was the last pence copy on the press and then they planned to change it to cents.

lol That wont cause any argument at all :insane:

AF 15???

:wishluck:

It exists but my own copy is a cents, I will probably attach it to Amazing Adventures when I get a scan and get around to it.

AF #15 Pence scan anyone ?

I love showing this off. Still the highest graded pence copy. Woohoo!!!

I've got the highest graded TOS 39 too when you get to the "T"s

P1050720.jpg

AF 15???

It exists but my own copy is a cents, I will probably attach it to Amazing Adventures when I get a scan and get around to it.

P1050720.jpg

I did a search and found a scan of this but didnt want to use it without speaking to you first.

Its a beauty, I would never, ever let that go :cloud9:

About 25+ years ago, I used to deal at a comic mart and a customer approached me with AF#15 & AMS #1, he wanted £1000 each for them, a lot of money at the time but I still thought a bargain, I wanted them but didn't have and couldn't raise the cash so had to let them go.

Both comics were Pence issues and I would say both issues were NM at least.

I often wonder where those issues are as they have definitely not been CGCd.

AF 15???

P1050720.jpg

Thanks for the image, love that issue. (worship)

Good job so far guys ;-)

:ohnoez:

If you get to see it have a look at the inside cover and see if the Thorpe and Porter line is there. Very interested to see this - take a pic on your phone if you can.

neil

Good job so far guys ;-)

:ohnoez:

If you get to see it have a look at the inside cover and see if the Thorpe and Porter line is there. Very interested to see this - take a pic on your phone if you can.

neil

That would be an AMAZING development! If there was PROOF that the pence copies came 1st, can you imagine what would happen to prices of key pence issues like AF15 & FF1. I wonder if they would actually go higher than cent copies?

It would be hard to imagine that the Marvel Age of comics was actually born with a pence copy of FF1.