• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel pence copies thread "A"

57 posts in this topic

That would be an AMAZING development! If there was PROOF that the pence copies came 1st, can you imagine what would happen to prices of key pence issues like AF15 & FF1. I wonder if they would actually go higher than cent copies?

You're not being serious right?

People buy what they know and what they grew up with. Rarity, print dates, etc. never enter into it as we Canucks know far too well. All our Canadian prints for comics, cards, toys, etc. are much rarer than the US and could have been printed long before the US print run and it wouldn't matter a bit.

US buyers like the US collectibles they know and grew up with, and that's the way it's going to be.

That would be an AMAZING development! If there was PROOF that the pence copies came 1st, can you imagine what would happen to prices of key pence issues like AF15 & FF1. I wonder if they would actually go higher than cent copies?

People buy what they know and what they grew up with. Rarity, print dates, etc. never enter into it as we Canucks know far too well. All our Canadian prints for comics, cards, toys, etc. are much rarer than the US and could have been printed long before the US print run and it wouldn't matter a bit.

US buyers like the US collectibles they know and grew up with, and that's the way it's going to be.

I disagree. Markets evolve and earlier printings have been known to gain significance over time even though they may have 1st been shunned as foreign or inferior versions.

Hello. I'm new in town. Did the hunt for the full set of Marvel Pence scans ever conclude?

My health took a turn for the worse and I have been laid up for the last couple of years and reduced to just lurking for the most part.

Hopefully in the future I can get back to it and start scanning again to continue the work :)

Hello. I'm new in town. Did the hunt for the full set of Marvel Pence scans ever conclude?

My health took a turn for the worse and I have been laid up for the last couple of years and reduced to just lurking for the most part.

Hopefully in the future I can get back to it and start scanning again to continue the work :)

Sorry to hear that. There aren't enough pence enthusiasts around so I hope you get back to your best soon. How many were there at your last count ?

I disagree. Markets evolve and earlier printings have been known to gain significance over time even though they may have 1st been shunned as foreign or inferior versions.

Agreed...... Great thread BTW! :applause:

Forgot about this project. Proved to be much bigger than Kevin and I first thought it would be.

The other thread in CG regarding pence copies has got me thinking about these again. :cloud9:

Forgot about this project. Proved to be much bigger than Kevin and I first thought it would be.

The other thread in CG regarding pence copies has got me thinking about these again. :cloud9:

Indeed, there are a lot of Marvel pence variants! I've been dabbling in documenting them myself. The early ones are so hard to find pictures of. How far did you get in the end?

Check out this thread for the latest under the radar cents copies with L Miller / T&P indicia lines:

JIM 65

We got to C. I'll have a look for the thread layer.

I have a last I compiled of all Marvel and DC that were not published in the UK - ND as we called them.

PM me if you want a copy. (thumbs u

I have a last I compiled of all Marvel and DC that were not published in the UK - ND as we called them.

Cheers - have sent a PM. I'll be posting a new pence thread soon, once (if?) photobucket comes back to life. I'll be interested to see what you think of it

Cheers - have sent a PM. I'll be posting a new pence thread soon, once (if?) photobucket comes back to life. I'll be interested to see what you think of it

Photobucket has sprung back into life, so here it is:

Marvel Pence Only Printed Price Inventory