• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTF Spiderman!!!

25 posts in this topic

Sell the book!

It's not often that books like this come along. I don't mean the quality, or the event, I just mean a book that you can get a mortgage payment from a week after buying it. (maybe not quite a mortgage payment, but at least a car payment and a few other bills!) This is such an unusual situation that the normal rules don't apply here. Sell it, get your money, and buy some more comics! I wouldn't even bother getting it CGC'd. One of the books had a tear in the spine and it still sold for $860.00

On a side note: I guess this is an unused cover design for the original Amazing Fantasy 15 that Ditko produced in 1962 and that is why it's generating the heat that it is. This might cause it to hold some of it's value, but I don't really see this as a $900.00 book long term once the hype dies down.

As for dealers holding back on certain books because they are hot?

I think that it is their right to do whatever they want. They buy the books, they take the risk, and they should get the rewards. Sure it's nice to walk in to a store after you hear a book is selling for $25.00 a week after it came out and find a cover priced copy. But what are you going to do with that book?

Probably sell it for $25.00.

Why should an LCS owner not be able to profit from a book simply so you can?

What I don't think is right is for an dealer to not honor pre-orders on a hot book so that they can make a profit on it. That is breaking a contract and could possibly be considered fraud. Even if they refund the customer's money. I don't think a shop that did this would be in business very long.

As for dealers holding back on certain books because they are hot?

I think that it is their right to do whatever they want. They buy the books, they take the risk, and they should get the rewards. Sure it's nice to walk in to a store after you hear a book is selling for $25.00 a week after it came out and find a cover priced copy. But what are you going to do with that book?

Probably sell it for $25.00.

Why should an LCS owner not be able to profit from a book simply so you can?

What I don't think is right is for an dealer to not honor pre-orders on a hot book so that they can make a profit on it. That is breaking a contract and could possibly be considered fraud. Even if they refund the customer's money. I don't think a shop that did this would be in business very long.

+1 million on this

Sell the book!

On a side note: I guess this is an unused cover design for the original Amazing Fantasy 15 that Ditko produced in 1962 and that is why it's generating the heat that it is. This might cause it to hold some of it's value, but I don't really see this as a $900.00 book long term once the hype dies down.

Most of them don't even know that that cover has actually been used before. Definitely not worth as much as it is now.

Sell the book!

Most of them don't even know that that cover has actually been used before. Definitely not worth as much as it is now.

I think thats the second time I've heard that said.(maybe you both times).. which comic was it used as the cover for? I dont think thats actually been mentioned...

Sell the book!

I think thats the second time I've heard that said.(maybe you both times).. which comic was it used as the cover for? I dont think thats actually been mentioned...

No, that's the first time I've said it. Someone on here posted the comic that originally used it first.