• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 Comic Art Goals

67 posts in this topic

1) Preacher page with Saint of Killers.

Another Y: The Last Man cover. Prefer 33

1) hm

2) Just watched this one sink into a BLACK HOLE. One of my favorites from the run also. But I heard the female symbol is not on the OA. Kind of put a damper on my desire to get it. But that's irrelevant now, innit?

After reviewing my PARTIAL LIST FROM 2112 I will probably slow down some.

Can't find the similar thread from last year (nor did I look), but my goals will probably be pretty much the same:

1) Attempt to wrap up any outstanding commissions, including one that I heard was completed by Mr. Medors, but never shipped. Have no idea how to handle this situation, so if anyone can offer some assistance I'd appreciate it.

2) Get a page from LUCIFER 33

3) Get a page from LUCIFER 14

4) Thin out some of the collection. I've contemplated it for years, but I think I might actually sell list some. (shrug)

This year exceeded my expectations a few times over..

2013 I think will be a slower year for me.

If I am lucky, I'd like to get another page or 2 from FF 347 - 349

More Invisibles interiors, and if one pops up for the right price, maybe even a cover.

1. once bonuses come in, make an offer on a NFS set of pages from my grail book (Green Lantern #159).

DZUtN.jpg

Made an inquiry last year, no dice. He's not a GL collector, but it came from a friend of his so he has some emotional attachment to it... still trying to figure out how to score the pages without just offering ridiculous money for it.

2. Writhe in misery when he says no and then just stalk the pages for another year.

I ticked off so many boxes on my want list the past couple of years that the only thing remaining on my "must-have" list is a Kirby FF page, preferably inked by Sinnott. Aside from that, I'll look to acquire opportunistically going forward; I am definitely not an aggressive buyer in the current manic environment.

2012 was one of my best art years! And much of the art were items I didn't target as goals.

With that said, my first goal is to pay off 2012 items. :)

Following that, I will get some inking done by Joe Sinnott or Mike Royer.

Also I would like to save up, and attend either NYCC or the fall Comic Art Con, and shop.

Just waiting for my Daryl Banks piece that's at the art rep's waiting to be shipped. Been waiting over 6 months for it (quoted at 2 months) so when that finally comes in then I plan to start buying OA again.

The comic art con was something I had gone to only once, early on. I went again last year and made a key purchase that I had only known about because of being exposed to it at the early comic art con. I plan on going to both this year and expect to buy something at each show.

More Bagley Ultimate Spider-Man artwork!

:D

So your the one hoarding all the Ultimate Spider-Man Costume Art! :sumo:

Now, now, to be fair, that collection`s been building for 10+ years. I`ve been buying USM art since issue 1. (thumbs u ............ :devil:

And you`re the one who beat me to that punisher two page splash last year! :frustrated:

1. Try NOT to spend so much money on I don't need so that I have the money to spend on what I actually want.

2. A cover page from Batman and Robin Vol. 2

3. Attempt to begin the process of my elaborate commission piece to be pencilled by Pat Gleason and inked by Mick Gray

4. If I have any money left, something from Andy Kubert (early X-Men or Batman)

1. George Perez Shanna commission to be collected at Supanova Sydney or Perth in June.

2. Possible con piece from Mark Brooks (I can dream :)).

3. Continue looking for a suitable (and affordable) Russ Manning piece to add to my collection.

4. Commission from Paulo Siqueira.

5. Continue to search for an Aron Wiesenfeld Deathblow/Wolverine page!