• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 Comic Art Goals

67 posts in this topic

My goals for 2013, not very specific:

1. Inked Virgil Finlay

2. Batman Sprang page

3. Bill Everett (all) Sub-Mariner

4. Little Annie Fanny page by Will Elder

5. Don Martin Captain Klutz

6. Hal Foster Prince Valiant panel

Its about half way thru the year, its been good so far. Found a few great entries for CAF best of inlcuding a Buscema portfolio piece, AXA commission and Black Kiss cover. As for my goals, I have gotten two off the bucket list:

Hal Foster - Prince Valiant

Prince_Valiant_panel.jpg

Virgil Finlay - Sea Witch

Finlay_sea_witch_prelim.jpg

I now have half of the list checked off, I picked up a sweet Sub-Marinr #50 page at SD Con. Another off the bucket list.

Sub-Mariner_50_14.jpg

1. Inked Virgil Finlay

2. Batman Sprang page

Its about half way thru the year, its been good so far. Found a few great entries for CAF best of inlcuding a Buscema portfolio piece, AXA commission and Black Kiss cover. As for my goals, I have gotten two off the bucket list:

I now have half of the list checked off, I picked up a sweet Sub-Marinr #50 page at SD Con. Another off the bucket list.

Sub-Mariner_50_14.jpg

:applause:(worship)

Now that is one sweet panel page of SubMariner !

I didn't really set any specific collecting goals for 2013. I hoped to find and buy one page, splash or cover, but really had no target in mind. Of course I always have my running want list in my signature line, but what are the chances I will ever be able to find something on that list (shrug)

I guess 100% this year !

batman457.jpg

1. Inked Virgil Finlay

2. Batman Sprang page

Prince_Valiant_panel.jpg

Finlay_sea_witch_prelim.jpg

Sub-Mariner_50_14.jpg

Love it!

my current want list:

- A Kirby/Sinnott FF cover or excellent page

- A John Buscema Silver Surfer cover

- A great James Jean Fables cover

- A great John Byrne X-Men example

- At least one great trophy/"halo" piece to cap off my collection

2 great, fully-painted James Jean Fables covers and one of my favorite Byrne X-Men panel pages from the run acquired in the past week. Still looking for an exceptional Kirby/Sinnott FF example, a Buscema Silver Surfer cover and a great Adams Batman page. After that, just being opportunistic if/when certain nostalgic favorites turn up or are let go by their owners. :wishluck:

Happy New Year! Anyone care to share some comic art goals for the year? I figure sharing my want list can't really hurt. I'm going to try to stay focused. Looking for the following

Preacher page with Saint of Killers.

Another Y: The Last Man cover. Prefer 29, 33, 38, or 58

Early Marvel Transformers cover. Prefer 25

Death of Superman page from the original storyline.

Reviving this thread after two years to announce that I actually got one of the pieces from my goals! Pretty excited about this one. When I was about 10 years old, I absolutely loved Transformers and especially Optimus Prime. It was rare for me to like the hero back but Optimus was the man! Then in the movie, he died and I have to admit, I kinda freaked out. I heard about it at school and I refused to watch it. I guess if I didn't see it, it never happened! lol Then a few months later, I saw this on the comic book rack and was immediately intrigued by the cover. Megatron deserved what was happening to him! After reading the story, I was really intrigued by the differences in the plot. I had one friend who had some Transformers comics and read them trying to piece things together. But this comic was my baby. I would carry it around in my back pocket for weeks, reading and rereading it. I even tried drawing/tracing some of the scenes. Anyway, I have to thank Joe Sherman for letting this go. I know he is a hardcore Transformers nut and I am thankful he allowed a few pieces to make their way to my collection.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1255095

By the way, I am still looking for certain items. Check my want list on CAF

And I also added some other TF pieces. More write up in these than I usually do but I am totally geeking out. Forgive me. lol

THE scene from the movie

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1255098

Optimus Cover

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1255102