• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTF Spider-Man (Part 2)

2 posts in this topic

Ok now seriously, what the heck???

So I was going to write about something small and trivial or whatever but I just happened to look on the bleedingcool.com website before work and now apparently the Ditko Covers 1:200 variant are going for so much that Marvel just happened to have some extra's laying around and are now including them with the second printings shipments.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/03/a...h-second-print/

Called the store where I got mine already at and yep. Apparently they are going through with this idea. His take is that not only are they getting them but will be doubling up on the price due to the need to buy comics that really only collector's are going to want to get. There plan is to order enough to get 4 and send 2 away for grading... This is one of the reasons why even though I love Marvel and many of the story lines I hate the corporate machine.

K

See more journals by kaholo1256

Doubling up on the asking price does no good if no one pays it.

And regardless of whether someone buys the Ditko variant from them Diamond still has to get paid, and Marvel still gets to report crazy inflated sales numbers.

Again Marvel (and Diamond) taking advantage of LCS's with no business sense in them.

By the time they get their copies of the Ditko variant the market will have plenty of the variants available and the price will drop. I'd imagine it levels off in the $500-$750 range in the immediate future and then goes a bit north as less become available and they start to get socked away in collections.