• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

30,000 Comic Lot

41 posts in this topic

Disparity:

Statement 1: 1993 and before..

Statement 2: All comics are at least 10 years old

10 years old would be 2002. So are comics from 2002 and older, or 1993 and older?

Statement 1. 61 long boxes shown.

Statement 2. 30,000 books.

Minimum 200 books/box, so that works out correctly.

BUT the image came from here.

http://www.barstoolentertainment.com/wordpress/category/comic-books/page/11/

The blogger isnt you from what I can tell because there's no mention of him buying out the inventory of a comic book shop... but that the image is of his amassed collection.

Really? Are you trolls working that hard to see if its a real auction or not you gotta go dig up some guys pics off the web? A STACK OF COMICS IS A STACK OF COMICS, esp if its just BOXES. Jeeeeez - This is quite real. And quite authentic. If you don't believe me, give me your #. We'll chat about it. But don't try to discredit my auction cause of your hateraide.

I find people here tend to value accuracy and authenticity. So a listing with a range of incongruities raises flags, and while this is a public forum it is also a community so we watch out for each other, and for anyone suddenly showing up and trying to "pull a fast one". Maybe you are legit, maybe you arent. I dont know.

Im just pointing out what is and isnt accurate since you've made a point to post the sale here in our community. I dont think I've made any comment that isnt accurate so far, so Im not sure where the "hater" label is coming from...In your world is accuracy considered "hating"?

Also you didnt answer my question about whether the comics were from an inventory ending in 1993 or from 10 years ago (which would have been 2003)

GLWTS! :hi:

Something hilarious happened, and I think I missed it.

The missing pages were pretty innocuous. Fast Forward Faster Friends made plans with the seller's mother to check out the collection sometime soon. (shrug)

EDIT: Oops! I knew it was 'fast' something!

I wonder what rule we broke?

I dunno. You were the only mature one in the thread. I was too busy concocting Your Momma So Blind jokes.

looks like all of the hate speach by the OP got sanitized away...

Oh yeah, you're probably right. All his idiotic rantings and people quoting it.

I will always quote idiotic rantings.

rantrant

Sanitizing offensive comments helps the offensive person more than anyone else.

I say leave them up and let people draw their own conclusions.

rantrant

Sanitizing offensive comments helps the offensive person more than anyone else.

I say leave them up and let people draw their own conclusions.

That is very true - however, in this clown's case - I don't think he was ever destined to be a member of the community.

And seeing that we have not heard from him again, I'll venture a guess that he was probably booted for that as well.

I think some people think the CGC boards are filled with snobs, elitists and "good ole boys" - which, at first look, it could come across that way. However, I like to look at those Boardies giving sellers a hard time, pointing things out, as a way of weeding out people who go against the norm here.

I'm glad we have people like Fingh and DrWatson who flippantly point out the obvious and Miracle and all the other mousepad detectives who find out the backstory to sales threads. Because even though the experience might be tough on noobs, overall those methods work in the long-run to create a community of legitimate sellers and collectors.

Showing up here calling people names and taking offense to people putting your threads under the spotlight is great - it keeps the riffraff out. Legitimate sellers can take razzy customers in stride, people who can't are better left to Ebay and Craigslist.

Remember when Roulette44 showed up? No one was sure what his deal was, he answered page after page of pointed questions, never got uppity and ended up being a stellar seller.