• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I messed up again

5 posts in this topic

At the station I saw a german Batman prestige Book called "der heilige Gral" (the holy grail). I searched for this book in english on ebay and came across one called "The Ankh"... I thought: what do an ankh and the holy grail have in common? Well, I thought the cover looked like the one I had seen at the station and it was also illustrated by Van Fleet so I bid on it just to find out today that the book I wanted was really "The Chalice" and not "The Ankh". I can just hope now that the illustrations in the Ankh are as beautiful as in the Chalice....

And how are the preparations coming for the invasion? When I lived in FL I surfed a lot on the Atlantic coast around Jacksonville and St. Augustine, and frequently there would be oil/tar blobs washing up on shore. The word was that they were from sunken German U-boats from WWII (my friend's mother actually saw one go up in flames of Jax Beach!), so tell your boys to be careful... wink.gif