• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warner Bros Original Production Cels

46 posts in this topic

Selling a few original cels that I picked up on the WB lot a while ago.

All cels come with a certificate of authentication.

Shipping: priority mail for domestic and first class for international. Charges vary so we will sort that out via PM.

opc-batman-bane_thb.jpg

Batman: The Animated Series - $125 $100

Superman (Dressed as Batman) vs. Bane ("Knight Time" - 1998)

opc-justice-league_thb.jpg

Justice League Unlimited - $150 $125

Superman and Flash (episode/year??)

opc-justice-league-2_thb.jpg

Justice League Unlimited - SOLD

Superman (episode/year??)

opc-batman_thb.jpg

Batman: Animated Series - $60 $50

opc-pinky_thb.jpg

Pinky & the Brainy - $150 $125

Season 1: Episode 2 - "Of Mouse and Man" (1995)

Thanks for looking!

If it helps, the ones with Superman are from Superman, the Animated Series, not Justice League. As far as I'm aware, Justice League was done digitally.

They're really cool! Do any of them have the original backgrounds, or are they all laser copies?

Thanks, Dave. I'm aware of the shows they're from, but was just curious about the actual cells themselves--I know some are limited edition copies of the actual cells used in production, others are the genuine articles. Just trying to ascertain which sort these are. :)

they look like actual cels. from what i remember from the warner store, i think they were called sericels or something like that and they had solid borders for better presentation not like these. plus i think they had some sort of gold stamp or something like that for numbering......or i completely am wrong, one or the other

Hey guys,

I am a total noob and pretty much ignorant about production cel art. So when I purchased these cels on the WB lot, to me it was more about the cool factor. CoA does say they are the original production cels. Does that definitively mean they were used in the actual cartoons? I don't know.

Below is the statement on the CoA. Perhaps this will shed light on whether or not it was used for the cartoons.

"Certificate of Authenticity - Original Production Cel

Clampett Studio Collections, a licensee of Warner Bros. Entertainment,

hereby certifies the authenticity of this original production cel.

To create this production art, the inking of the black outlines is done by transferring an animator's original drawing onto acetate through the process of Xerography. The cel is then flipped over and individually hand-painted on the reverse side and the finished production art is placed over a background used to photograph the animation.

To own a one-of-a-kind piece of art such as this is to own a piece of cartoon history"

These are production cels. I used to collect cels (still have some). Seri-cels are "presentation" cels and usually represent a familiar scene from a particular episode that is easly recognizable, but not always. Seri-cels were NOT used in the production of the actual cartoon. Limited edition cels, usually numbered, are also NOT used in the production of the cartoon.

These are production, the COA states it as such, and the markings along the border also indicate that they are. Usually episode, registration and scene numbers. The backgrounds are most likey xerox copies of the original background. Production backgrounds are hard to come by.

These are production cels. I used to collect cels (still have some). Seri-cels are "presentation" cels and usually represent a familiar scene from a particular episode that is easly recognizable, but not always. Seri-cels were NOT used in the production of the actual cartoon. Limited edition cels, usually numbered, are also NOT used in the production of the cartoon.

These are production, the COA states it as such, and the markings along the border also indicate that they are. Usually episode, registration and scene numbers. The backgrounds are most likey xerox copies of the original background. Production backgrounds are hard to come by.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

Cool. Thanks for the explanation.